Yamasaki's Secrets

In the Enthusiastic Teachers Batsu game, it was mentioned that Yamasaki was in a [u:1472tpcv][b:1472tpcv]Sanama-san Special program[/b:1472tpcv][/u:1472tpcv], where a panel of guests has to guess which of 2 team is lying.

here:

[url:1472tpcv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyJmhdEFu3A&list=RDkyJmhdEFu3A#t=21[/url:1472tpcv]
Sanama-san Special program starts at 0:51
does anyone know if that is the full Sanama-san episode is?
I am under the impression that the show is called : ウリつきはどつち, 明石家 さんま
cant find anything else on it…

That’s me again on Youtube, mwahaha! ahem Anyway it was a show called Who Is The Liar, you can find it in this post under "Variety":

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4533&p=39898#p39898

[quote="soudou":2idkkyqy]That’s me again on Youtube, mwahaha! ahem Anyway it was a show called Who Is The Liar, you can find it in this post under "Variety":

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4533&p=39898#p39898[/quote:2idkkyqy]

NICE!!! thanks man!!! :whew: .Was it your Youtube channel?

[quote="TokyoAshes":1vb7lh5c]NICE!!! thanks man!!! :whew: .Was it your Youtube channel?[/quote:1vb7lh5c]

Yeah funnily enough it’s where I chucked up a load of raw clips for the Housei thread (the Youtube playlists linked in the first post there and also some linked in the Past Work Compilation post).

[quote="soudou":1d0w115k]
Yeah funnily enough it’s where I chucked up a load of raw clips for the Housei thread (the Youtube playlists linked in the first post there and also some linked in the Past Work Compilation post).[/quote:1d0w115k]

Yeah I noticed that you’re a bit of team yamasaki :D …what do you see in yama-chan? :P

[quote="TokyoAshes":c3giyyyx]Yeah I noticed that you’re a bit of team yamasaki :D …what do you see in yama-chan? :P[/quote:c3giyyyx]

Well I didn’t have any favourite member when I first started watching Gaki intermittently, plus Housei is absent through a lot of the Hospital batsu anyway. When I decided to check out all of the batsus I started to notice him more, especially in the 24/hr tag, his reactions when getting caught or about to be headbutt were both hilarious and adorable.

I looked up his Japanese Wiki page out of curiosity and was surprised to see he’d actually done a ton of other stuff outside Gaki. As I checked them out I got to like him more. I don’t understand Japanese but his style of comedy uses a lot of physical gestures, expressions, voice intonation etc. Even jumping off stage if he feels it’ll demonstrate his re-enactment of a funny story better. So it is easier for me to follow without understanding his words, kind of like watching a silent film comedian. Or more recent comedians like Lee Evans that are very physical ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7UqIft2cv0 ). I think thats why he struck a chord with rakugo, where he has to play all the characters whilst narrating comedy stories and rely on physical gestures/expressions to get the story across.

Also as a solo comedian in a world of duos, he tends to become friendly and improvise with everyone he meets in the industry. Whatever show he is on, the hosts feel free to act as the tsukkomi to his boke or single him out. It makes even boring talk shows have funny moments as he winds up in impromptu comedy routines with the presenters or fellow guests. Outside the industry he seems openly friendly towards the public too, doing [url=http://yamasakigifs.tumblr.com/post/66341204242/the-disaster-of-the-2011-tohoku-earthquake-and:c3giyyyx]stuff like a comedy gig for earthquake victims[/url:c3giyyyx] etc. Matsumoto mentions on his radio show how Housei is a natural boke (airhead), he’ll make silly mistakes and say/do odd things even off-camera. I think that makes him a bit unpredictable and fun to watch what foolish thing he’ll end up doing next with his cute child-like manner. :lol: