What to start on?

To jump right into the topic, I was introduced to this show through batsu and am currently up to date on most of them. I’m looking to expand and watch more than just the batsu games but I really don’t know what to start on or even where to start. I want to ask for the communities input and recommendations and hopefully I will be able to find the appropriate resources subbed.

Download the 1989-2013 Gaki no Tsukai collection torrent. (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=508141&showfiles=1)

You already watched the batsu games, so I’d recommend the "Absolutely tasty" and "Kiki" series next.

Then just browse the torrent files for random subbed videos and enjoy! Or just rewatch the batsu games!

I agree with my personal best buddy [b:314i5cof]Knudow[/b:314i5cof], "Kiki Series" and "Absolutly Tasty" are the way to go, BUT…I may add "World Downtown Headline News" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Seriously, that stuff is beyond funny!!! IMO is one of the most fantastic things than Downtown made in they history

[url:314i5cof]http://www.dailymotion.com/worlddowntown[/url:314i5cof]

And welcome to the forum :) :) :) :drunk: :drunk: :dance: :dance: :handshake: :ninja: :dance: :dance:

For non-subbed you can try the Oogiri Daigassen series and Team Challenges too. Well actually there are 1 or 2 episodes subbed. But for the most part they’re all about watching the Gaki guys take on tasks, fail and suffer wacky punishments, so you can still enjoy them without understanding the dialogue.

[quote="Arlekin":2s2clc22]BUT…I may add "World Downtown Headline News" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Seriously, that stuff is beyond funny!!! IMO is one of the most fantastic things than Downtown made in they history

[url:2s2clc22]http://www.dailymotion.com/worlddowntown[/url:2s2clc22][/quote:2s2clc22]

I have to say that I really REALLY hate this xD

I don’t like when people dub videos or news from around the world making fun of them.

When I was a kid there was a TV show that did this a lot and I started to hate it. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCrpm-EKK_o (spanish video!)

[quote="soudou":2s2clc22]For non-subbed you can try the Oogiri Daigassen series and Team Challenges too. Well actually there are 1 or 2 episodes subbed. But for the most part they’re all about watching the Gaki guys take on tasks, fail and suffer wacky punishments, so you can still enjoy them without understanding the dialogue.[/quote:2s2clc22]

I checked "Oogiri Daigassen" on my collection, saw a bunch of "ass to face" videos and I was like "nope, I’m out of here". I don’t get that particular "joke".

I also like "Team Fight" a lot, althought it’s from the Gottsu ee Kanji era, but I love team vs team videos. Some of them are subbed, some aren’t. And here’s a link to reddit with all of them on direct download together with… the mentioned Oogiri Daigassen xD

http://www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/co ... daigassen/

[quote="Knudow":3ga267bz]
I have to say that I really REALLY hate this xD

I don’t like when people dub videos or news from around the world making fun of them.[/quote:3ga267bz]

Doesn’t surprise me, you hate everything pal :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You’re always bitching about something and you hate everything and everyone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But that’s how we love you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don’t hate everything! I just… I just love complaining about things! ([size=85:2pfsz3xz]and Battlestar Galactica. And Jackie Chan. And Matsumoto[/size:2pfsz3xz], [size=50:2pfsz3xz]with that muscular figure and thigh white shirt…[/size:2pfsz3xz] [size=95:2pfsz3xz]I mean… women, I love women too![/size:2pfsz3xz])

[quote="Knudow":qtz5ypob]I checked "Oogiri Daigassen" on my collection, saw a bunch of "ass to face" videos and I was like "nope, I’m out of here". I don’t get that particular "joke".[/quote:qtz5ypob]

Don’t worry, that’s just one of the punishments. I think you must be looking in the Subbed folder, that punishment is one of the few that got subbed since it’s rather sensationalist isn’t it? Therefore it caught the attention of subbers. But yeah I understand, it’s also pretty unsettling!

There’s also the "chinko machine", thai kick. obachans smooching, boxing glove to the crotch, getting smacked in the face with a pair of trousers etc. Or the good old fashioned Hamada smacking people with a paper fan. Most likely in the RAW folder.

[quote:qtz5ypob]I also like "Team Fight" a lot, althought it’s from the Gottsu ee Kanji era, but I love team vs team videos.[/quote:qtz5ypob]

Ah I meant Gaki vs Tenso. You can find them in the RAW folder for Oogiri Daigassen.

[quote="soudou":2f8ezie9][quote:2f8ezie9]I also like "Team Fight" a lot, althought it’s from the Gottsu ee Kanji era, but I love team vs team videos.[/quote:2f8ezie9]

Ah I meant Gaki vs Tenso. You can find them in the RAW folder for Oogiri Daigassen.[/quote:2f8ezie9]

Oh, I know. I was adding that I liked "Team Fight" too, I wasn’t mixing them up.

Howdy! My input:
Everyone has different humour that appeals to them, and even changes over time, or "grows" on you if you like… With myself, a lot of things I didn’t really get at first with Gaki and similar shows have become some of my favourites to watch and have me literally cramping with laughter! For me specifically that has to do with understanding the culture more and also learning more about the language over time! :D

Anyway, things I recommend which haven’t been mentioned already:

:lol: 5 Rangers and AHO AHO Man - short sketches with Hamada and Matsumoto that guarantee a giggle. :lol: Suberanai Hanashi - Matsumoto and other comedians simply sitting at a table and taking turns to tell funny stories - Godzillaradio subbed these brilliantly too. (his J-burogu blog also has great accompanying pieces to his videos explaining a lot about cultural stuff) :lol: Lincoln specials which have been subbed, like the "Sekkyou Sensei" classroom series, the Costume and other "tour" episodes, and definitely "Hamada - KISS OR PIE!" (that one really shows how frightened some comedians are of Hamada!) :lol: Shoji Murakami Classroom series - Unfortunately only a couple have been subbed, but all are hilarious to watch regardless IMO - you will recognise Murakami from his truly random antics in the Batsu series. :lol: Matsumoto Chousen series - Very funny series where the cast members try in vain to help Matsumoto beat sports records while he goes limp and offers no help at all. :lol: Various Gaki No Tsukai "fun games" - The LEGO challenge which I subbed of course :P (and yes very soon the Famicom challenge... almost done!), the "Gas Nuki" farting restaurant games, Batsu experiment, Dice reaction Batsu, Reverse games (wish they tried that one more times)... :lol: Shichi Henge or "7 changes" - an ongoing series where comedians try to make the Gaki members and staff laugh with 7 different jokes, anyone who laughs has to pay 1000 yen each time. Some brilliant performances and a few variations especially Heipo's "Horror Shichi Henge" always bring me joy.

Anyway happy hunting and watching!