Endo's health problem

Greetings =) This is my first post. I’ve recently become a fan of Gaki especially Endo, as I found his smile and the way he burst out laughing so cute and attractive to me. I randomly searched for pictures and articles relating to Endo on the internet when I felt bored during office time :P , then I found these:

[url:1e2auu2b]http://4050life.com/desease/endou_shujii/[/url:1e2auu2b]
[url:1e2auu2b]http://sappoko.com/archives/44877[/url:1e2auu2b]

You will find more by searching "遠藤章造 脳動脈" on google. I could only find these articles in Japanese and I didn’t see anyone discussing about it. Please accept my apology if it has actually been discussed before in this forum.

Due to my limited knowledge in Japanese language, I could only understand about 70-80% of the articles. From what I understand, Endo and several other celebrites participated in a TV show in around end of 2014 and were invited to a full physical examination. It turned out that an aneurysm was found in Endo’s brain and it may put his life at risk if it ruptures. It may be caused by smoking and bad eating habit. But since the aneurysm is still very small, it would be fine as long as he takes examination regularly every year.

I have no idea how serious a brain aneurysm is and it seems not much of risk at present stage, but I am worried that one day Endo might quit all the batsu games or even quit his career as comedian for better recovery…

p.s. as seen in one screenshot of the show, Endo mentioned that his daughter is now 11 and will be 20 in 9 years. For sake of this Endo quitted smoking and started to eat healthily. I believe he meant that he is trying to keep himself healthy so that he can live to see his daughter turning into adult. It really touches me :'( Pray for Endo :'(

かわいそうな :|

Same here, Endo is not my favorite Gaki member, however seeing he has a brain aneurysm seems really bad. That’s something you wouldn’t wish to even your worst enemy.
I have to say he got so lucky to get it detected on time rather being on an advanced stage, but still is really screwed. Y’all shall know I live with my parents that smoke a lot, and reading this brain aneurysm is caused by smoking and a bad eating habit puts me in doubt on how much time my parents have to live for (despite my mom having the same age as Endo and Tanaka and my dad being a year older than her).

I really hope Endo doesn’t give up on either his career as a comedian or at life and have a chance to see his daughter grow and become an adult. Maybe he could even be on his daughter’s wedding when it comes…

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a nice stay. ;)

Good get with the articles. It’s always nice to have knowledge of what is happening in the cast’s personal and showbiz lives. If you find any other news items relating to the cast of Gaki you’re always free to post them.

Yeah it is sad that Endo has had this happen to him but hopefully he does take care of himself better from now on and live on to see his daughter grow up. As for his involvement in the No Laughing specials, I think this may spell an end to at least his involvement in any future Onigokko/Tag segments due to the strenuous running and punishments he goes through there. Any heavy contact to his head, like a slipper, might prove problematic for his health.

[quote="luminadidi":3rgaxby4]

I have no idea how serious a brain aneurysm is [/quote:3rgaxby4]

it is quite serious…it is my understanding that he has a "swollen" blood vessel in his head that can rupture/open any time, when it ruptures "a haemorrhage" occurs which is basically bleeding in the brain… this haemorrhage usually causes stroke(because the blood accumulates from all the bleeding in the brain which puts pressure on the brain)…

At least it is not likely for it to rupture because 1 in 50 people have it un-ruptured and 10 in 100,000 have it ruptured .But if it ruptures, 40% of the people die or a huge percentage will experience disability !!! very scary what smoking can do…
However, he can go through surgery where they clip the aneurism, or go under the "vascular cording" where they literally wire it up, but there might be a lot of complications…

[quote="Vatican":2fusaa0m]Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a nice stay. ;)

Good get with the articles. It’s always nice to have knowledge of what is happening in the cast’s personal and showbiz lives. If you find any other news items relating to the cast of Gaki you’re always free to post them.[/quote:2fusaa0m]

Thank you :)

[quote="Vatican":2fusaa0m]As for his involvement in the No Laughing specials, I think this may spell an end to at least his involvement in any future Onigokko/Tag segments due to the strenuous running and punishments he goes through there. Any heavy contact to his head, like a slipper, might prove problematic for his health.[/quote:2fusaa0m]

This will be disappointing…I always enjoy the tag segments, if Endo’s not going to participate in it anymore it will be much less fun for me…I think other punishments on him (e.g. thai kick, electric shock) might also reduce due to his condition. To be honest, despite being a fan of him, I think he deserves more punishments than Tanaka and Housei as to what he did to Chiaki and other girls, so I couldn’t get it why he always received less punishments than other gaki members in the no laughing games, but now having a brain aneurysm is already the worst punishment to him. Anyway I hope he can make it through, he might not be a good husband but he’s a good father :(

[quote="TokyoAshes":2v0i5fzi][quote="luminadidi":2v0i5fzi]

I have no idea how serious a brain aneurysm is [/quote:2v0i5fzi]

it is quite serious…it is my understanding that he has a "swollen" blood vessel in his head that can rupture/open any time, when it ruptures "a haemorrhage" occurs which is basically bleeding in the brain… this haemorrhage usually causes stroke(because the blood accumulates from all the bleeding in the brain which puts pressure on the brain)…

At least it is not likely for it to rupture because 1 in 50 people have it un-ruptured and 10 in 100,000 have it ruptured .But if it ruptures, 40% of the people die or a huge percentage will experience disability !!! very scary what smoking can do…
However, he can go through surgery where they clip the aneurism, or go under the "vascular cording" where they literally wire it up, but there might be a lot of complications…[/quote:2v0i5fzi]

Sad to know this…Endo-san please take care :(
I remember in one of the articles I have read, Endo said that the aneurysm is only 1mm and it’s not necessary to receive any treatment at this stage, but he will undergo examination on it once a year to track it. Anyway it’s good to know that he’s being co-operative.

Thanks for sharing the news. That is really tragic to hear. I do hope he stays safe.

I think they can work something creative out if he has to sit out on the tag games. Matsumoto hasn’t even done any tag game (except that pilot "tag game with guests" in the series), and they’ve been gradually inventing new ways for him to be on the sidelines. Last year was the best with him getting kidnapped and enduring tickle torture.

If both Matsumoto and Endo have to sit out of the tag games I think they could entwine their fates. So they’re kidnapped and like in the Saw movies, Matsumoto’s fate depends on Endo. They seem to make fun of Endo’s lack of education on the English alphabet, difficult Kanji, maths and such. Imagine if Endo had to solve a series of puzzles and every time he gets it wrong Matsumoto endures tickle torture? :rofl:

[quote="soudou":21qzuh1n] Imagine if Endo had to solve a series of puzzles and every time he gets it wrong Matsumoto endures tickle torture? :rofl:[/quote:21qzuh1n]

You’re very mean with Matsumoto for thinking that :D But it would be funny as hell and i’d love watch this :lol:

[quote="soudou":1o0g3lyx]Imagine if Endo had to solve a series of puzzles and every time he gets it wrong Matsumoto endures tickle torture? :rofl:[/quote:1o0g3lyx]

This is a good one :lol:
Sometimes I wonder, is Endo acting or really that stupid lol

And Hamada needs to keep in mind not to smack Endo’s head anymore when doing tsukkomi :mm:

[quote="luminadidi":998y0crk][quote="soudou":998y0crk]Imagine if Endo had to solve a series of puzzles and every time he gets it wrong Matsumoto endures tickle torture? :rofl:[/quote:998y0crk]

This is a good one :lol:
Sometimes I wonder, is Endo acting or really that stupid lol

And Hamada needs to keep in mind not to smack Endo’s head anymore when doing tsukkomi :mm:[/quote:998y0crk]

That’s like asking a cat to stop hunting mice. Hamada is way beyond that at this point :D

It’s just a reflex

[quote="gesichtspalme":1rayzald]

That’s like asking a cat to stop hunting mice. Hamada is way beyond that at this point :D

It’s just a reflex[/quote:1rayzald]

I believe that Hamada knows how to control himself lol

I need help from some Japanese experts…I just read another articles regarding Endo’s brain aneurysm:

[url:trvaxjz9]http://daityan555.net/%E9%81%A0%E8%97%A4%E7%AB%A0%E9%80%A043%E6%AD%B3%E3%81%AE%E3%81%BB%E3%81%A1%E3%81%83%E7%89%A9%EF%BC%9F%E8%84%B3%E5%8B%95%E8%84%88%E3%82%8A%E3%82%85%E3%81%86%E3%81%AE%E5%8E%9F%E5%9B%A0%E3%81%AE%E3%82%BF/[/url:trvaxjz9]

The Japanese in this article is quite difficult to me and I couldn’t really figure out the context, but there’s one line that draws my concern:

[quote:trvaxjz9]遠藤さんは禁煙していた物のドラマの役でタバコを吸うシーンがあり、そこからまた喫煙しているとアメトーークの喫煙つらいよ芸人で話していました。[/quote:trvaxjz9]

I guess it’s saying that Endo has quitted smoking before, but then he played a role in a TV drama which included a smoking scene and he started to smoke again after the shooting. I am not sure whether I am right or not so I hope someone could help me to translate it. If my guess is correct then it’d be really irritating… :(

[quote="luminadidi":1ga90c1u]I guess it’s saying that Endo has quitted smoking before, but then he played a role in a TV drama which included a smoking scene and he started to smoke again after the shooting. I am not sure whether I am right or not so I hope someone could help me to translate it. If my guess is correct then it’d be really irritating… :([/quote:1ga90c1u]

Your translation is correct. That’s really unfortunate, but temptations are pretty strong and so many people in Japan smokes cigarettes, so I’m sure all those factors makes things difficult.

Yeah your translation is pretty much spot on. The little bit on the end mentions him discussing this on Ametalk, a talk show hosted by Ameagari Kesshitai that usually features comedians talking about specific topics. As for which drama in his smoking habit may have resurfaced, Endo’s only been in two dramas over the past couple of years: Last Cinderella and Sanuki Udon Yushika so this habit probably resurfaced around 2013-14.

[quote="luminadidi":2mhf96bk]If my guess is correct then it’d be really irritating… :([/quote:2mhf96bk]

I guess it depends on when he learned about the aneurysm and when he restarted smoking. Maybe the news about him restarting smoking is from around the time people learned of his health issues and is just speculating as to why the health problem surfaced, rather than saying he restarted after discovering the problem. Hard to tell.

Oh so he problably quitted smoking a few years ago, then restarted the smoking habit and now he quits it again upon discovering the aneurysm. I hope it’s true, I’ll be relieved.