Batsu Games getting stale, a little?

Discuss everything Gaki no Tsukai here.
58 posts Page 4 of 4
Love their format in game setting specially the drawers....More tricks could really get more attention though signature traps should always be there...Its where they were known.
I think it doesn't really matter. Important thing is to get all five of them together in one room. They will trap themselves and definitely create something funny. In fact I love the parts where they just chilling out together and talk (or examine some simple trap - i.e. funny picture of their colleagues), all of them are great with improvising and when they are together at one place they always create something awesome and entertaining.
I dunno the batsu games were a lot funnier when it was about having one or two members of the Gaki no tsukai team to make all the other laugh. Like the High school one where Hamada had to make em suffer. In it's root, this is how they started the whole thing and we haven't seen a batsu game whose control belongs to Yamazaki for example. Hamada fits more that description of being a sadist toward his team so it's the kind of humor that works very well when he's "leading" the flow of events. I just wish that it'd be a betting thing again, justifying the thing instead of just punishing them. Don't ghet me wrong it's still very funny :)

I vote for having Heipo joining them in the batsu game though. It'd be hilarious. Or being their guide instead of Fujiwara maybe?
I agree with Stycki, I love watching them trap each other or make up ridiculous stuff to make the others laugh. I especially like it when the person setting the trap falls for it himself. hahaha..
I liked it whenever they did the batsu games because of losing the bets, if you haven't seen No Laughing Yugawara,High School, or the Onigoko batsu..

See:
http://www.gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=77&start=0

But I guess it just depends on your personality and your attention-span.
Since it comes on once a year I don't mind the repetitive format. My only gripe is the method of punishment, since there really is none now. Like in the Hospital Batsu they started to hit them with bean=bag flexible clubs. Those type of clubs usually make it sound like they hurt but they actually dont when they hit. Yamasaki had the giggles a few times he got swatted; Matsumoto seemed as if he was faking, plus the guys hitting them weren't swinging that hard, versus the games before Hospital where everyone seemed like they were in genuine pain. :rofl:
The rubber clubs are like a bar of soap in a sock. It hurts like hell, but you don't get any damage. Assuming they don't hurt is silly, reason Yamasaki giggles while slapped at one point is just because he's laughing a lot. Matsumoto purposefully overreacts to try and trap the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TnqQP5KaVQ
I don't think they hurt THAT much. And it disappoints me!
In the Spa Batsu where they got spanked (ie the non dart one), you can see that it is a true punishment for laughing, and there's no playacting.
Whereas with every batsu game after that, the person who gets 1st always react like they got hit by a baseball bat.
It's more apparant in the batsu that start on the bus. They guys dishing out the punishment cant even swing properly, and yet Yamasaki clearly acts hurt when he's not (his fake reactions are the ones i remember best)
If you simply enjoy people being in pain so much, why don't you look for "banned from TV" kind of clips instead? ^_^
they cant swing inside the buss.
I love the police batsu when they get spanked by foreigners.
Yeah, the swings inside the bus are limited.
Stale ?
I liked the tag (although parts of it were really disgusting) and haunted hotel, but all these no-laughing games... Am i alone in thinking they are completely retarded and unimaginative ? Basically what happens is some celebrity walks by, not even in costume, often not even a comedian celebrity - and everyone is ROFLing their asses off. Is it something i'm not getting ? Who actually laughs because they saw some minor celebrity ? Yamada one-liner also got old really fast.
In all of High School game i saw TWO moments that were really funny and i'd probably laugh if i were in their place, the bad english video and the dancing girl, thats ALL. The rest of the video is pretty much garbage.
karnot wrote:
Stale ?
I liked the tag (although parts of it were really disgusting) and haunted hotel, but all these no-laughing games... Am i alone in thinking they are completely retarded and unimaginative ? Basically what happens is some celebrity walks by, not even in costume, often not even a comedian celebrity - and everyone is ROFLing their asses off. Is it something i'm not getting ? Who actually laughs because they saw some minor celebrity ? Yamada one-liner also got old really fast.
In all of High School game i saw TWO moments that were really funny and i'd probably laugh if i were in their place, the bad english video and the dancing girl, thats ALL. The rest of the video is pretty much garbage.

The point of the celebrities that you bring up is where the subtle humor in Japan comes from. I'm not a native but from what I've seen its not just the presence of the other actors and comedians that make them laugh, its the context in which they appear. They often bring in alot of very serious drama actors to play the roles of idiots and fall men, that's what makes them funny. Also "minor" celebrities would be the biggest understatement I have ever heard in this case. Many of the people you see are far more well known then even the downtown boys. You need to be experienced in the Japanese movie/comedy culture to see what makes these moments so great, and sadly that humor just doesn't translate as well.

Also I'm quite glad they switched to the rubber clubs, they leave a small sting but the idea is to not physically destroy your best comedians. They aren't the guys from jackass >:0. Specially since Downtown is getting up in age. As for the acting up the pain thing behind it, its mostly to get a reaction out of the other participants, and well because its a t.v. show. Every person in the history of t.v. has acted up situations like this, it just makes them a little bit better to watch and a tad more believable.

Also I prefer all members to be in the batsu games, the way they start going after each other in those small cramped rooms when left alone is what I believe to be the best part of the whole thing. Think back to the Hospital batsu when Matsumoto tried to tell his story about Hamada and the slushy bread, still cracks me up thinking about it.

In the end I would have to say I am still as enthralled with the batsu games as the very first day I say the Youtube videos labeled "Funny Japanese Show" as I am now, and I hope they continue doing them for a long time to come.
58 posts Page 4 of 4