How did you discover Gaki No Tsukai

Discuss everything Gaki no Tsukai here.
207 posts
I remember a local cable channel 26 here in the bay area showed Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ on Sunday's in the mid to late 80's always watched even though it was not subtitled that got me into investigating previous shows and found when a lot of subbed segments stated showing up here and throughout the net I found joy in re-visiting this great variety show, just wish a commercial DVD would be released with subbed episodes ;)
One Virgin wrote:
I remember a local cable channel 26 here in the bay area showed Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ on Sunday's in the mid to late 80's always watched even though it was not subtitled that got me into investigating previous shows and found when a lot of subbed segments stated showing up here and throughout the net I found joy in re-visiting this great variety show, just wish a commercial DVD would be released with subbed episodes ;)

So that means that you are maybe in your mid 30's? :o

Kawaii~
One Virgin wrote:

Wow, that's a nifty channel to of shown raw Japanese gameshows! Foreign subtitled films get shown on movie dedicated channels late at night sometimes here but never seen a raw show/film on TV. I agree it'd be awesome if they did something similar to Japanese show Gamecenter CX where they adapted the work of fansubbers to produce an official DVD. Then hopefully it'd pave the way for more official subtitles. They do know fans outside Japan exist though, I've seen Japanese articles talking about the popularity of Gaki stuff abroad like Silent Library, for there to of been British/American spinoffs they probably asked permission from NTV too. Maybe its something to do with licensing all the guest/cameo performances etc. for a global release...
soudou wrote:
One Virgin wrote:

Wow, that's a nifty channel to of shown raw Japanese gameshows! Foreign subtitled films get shown on movie dedicated channels late at night sometimes here but never seen a raw show/film on TV. I agree it'd be awesome if they did something similar to Japanese show Gamecenter CX where they adapted the work of fansubbers to produce an official DVD. Then hopefully it'd pave the way for more official subtitles. They do know fans outside Japan exist though, I've seen Japanese articles talking about the popularity of Gaki stuff abroad like Silent Library, for there to of been British/American spinoffs they probably asked permission from NTV too. Maybe its something to do with licensing all the guest/cameo performances etc. for a global release...

That's just it, probably to many contractual circumstances stand in the way of producing such a product, perhaps some day! Here is the station website of that cable channel I enjoyed years ago .... I've not seen this channel as I do not have cable anymore, why do you ask .... the internet provides me with so much more and at my taste as well ;)

http://www.ktsf.com/
VideogameDC wrote:
One Virgin wrote:

I think One Virgin mistyped, it should be 90s not 80s.
One Virgin wrote:
I've not seen this channel as I do not have cable anymore, why do you ask .... the internet provides me with so much more and at my taste as well ;)

Yeah same here the internet and the occasional bit of Freeview (free TV channels) is all I need these days. 8)
I thought they should make a official youtube channel with a fee subscription (or not :P ) and post the VOD of gaki eps there.
I don't understand why they don't do that. :fubar:
andylau-fr wrote:
I thought they should make a official youtube channel with a fee subscription (or not :P ) and post the VOD of gaki eps there. I don't understand why they don't do that. :fubar:

True. They could even gain partnership with Youtube so that all the adverts that run before the videos gives a profit to them. Japanese music record labels are already doing this since if they don't upload it to Youtube themselves someone else inevitably will. NTV already take down lots of Gaki stuff on Youtube but they don't provide an official alternative...
Is there any way to push NTV to think about this alternative? :smoke:
andylau-fr wrote:
Is there any way to push NTV to think about this alternative? :smoke:

Travel all the way to Japan to the NTV's headquarters and hope they hear us :(

Kawaii~
I was more thinking about a survey of all foreign Gaki's fans. :D
Tanaka-han wrote:
VideogameDC wrote:
One Virgin wrote:

I think One Virgin mistyped, it should be 90s not 80s.

Yes you are right, I keep thinking for some reason that this program was in that era but it was from October 17, 1994-December 17, 2012 :$
VideogameDC wrote:
One Virgin wrote:

.... now knowing the original air-date I just turned 40 :party:
One Virgin wrote:
VideogameDC wrote:
One Virgin wrote:

.... now knowing the original air-date I just turned 40 :party:

Y'all guys give me a strong mindBLOW when I ask about your ages!

Kawaii~
andylau-fr wrote:
I was more thinking about a survey of all foreign Gaki's fans. :D

207 posts