Hotel Batsu 2009 Subbing WIP

now that its over does any1 know who is gonna be able to sub this i hope it doesn’t take long as well.

we should get like an online team to sub this. would that be possible?

I had contact with Shibata and he is certain he will sub the batsu. He will let me know if i can arrange any assistance with subbing!

When that time comes, i’ll make a new thread for all the people who would like to help.

From an estimation, it took Shibata about 4 months to complete the Hospital Batsu and another consecutive 4 months with the Police Batsu. With 6 hours worth of Hotel Batsu (and take away about 1-2 and a half hours of commercial), I would say it will take about 5-6 months. Only if Shibata is doing it alone, including taking breaks and going somewhere else. With more help, it will be a bit faster. But that’s only from my own personal estimation.

I have hopes and patience for you, Shibata, and anybody else who is willing to help ;)

I would love to help!
Here’s my work that I’ve been doing to show that I’ve done subbing before: [url:2znqy7v2]http://www.youtube.com/user/DZeeNChaos[/url:2znqy7v2]

It’s all J-rock though. XD

But yeah, if Shibata needs any help, I’m more than happy to!

i’ll b the backup translator :P
it looks like i’ll b watching no laughing hotel man at least 5 times b4 shibata starts subbing ^^ (to find out what mistranslations i made :P terribly sry XD)

here is MY methode :
[u:lc3hz4xn][i:lc3hz4xn]“The PEGO methode”[/i:lc3hz4xn][/u:lc3hz4xn]
we could use a voice translator for deaf people to get all the conversations in a text and then translate the text with the best japanese-english translator and correct all the sentences … and do the timing …

I think this methode would take less time …

BUT the problem is that I didn’t find any free voice translator for deaf people in the web … it’s usually somehting that they put into deaf people’s computers in hospitals or dome objects that look like 90’s phones or calculators …

hey guyz i have an idea

i have a classmate that is half japanese
i’ll just make her translate it to english :D

ill reply again here if she agreed to translate the vid

I’m seeing allot of feedback in this thread allone!!! This may just turnout into a subbing project…

Isn’t it an idea to start a new thread in which we check how many people can really help with subbing except sibatabread? This way we may can start splitting the batsu under people to work on it separately.

i love shibatasbread work in the police batsu but i hated how long it took to sub the whole thing… (18 parts every week and between that shibata was on vacasion) so i would be better if someone translate and the other one colored it and the other one time the phrases ans so on

[quote:zkamldfr][i:zkamldfr]Originally posted by Sh@d0w[/i:zkamldfr]
i love shibatasbread work in the police batsu but i hated how long it took to sub the whole thing… (18 parts every week and between that shibata was on vacasion) so i would be better if someone translate and the other one colored it and the other one time the phrases ans so on[/quote:zkamldfr]

That’s the idea…

Yeah, I should be able to do some subs too.

Seems many people are willing to sub the new batsu with is a big plus, I think everyone should take share of parts to sub them then everyone could collabrate together and produce a sub file probably be the quickest way to do this

will making a subbing Team was originally my Idea remember guys ? :P

anyways I’ll join the Team

Hey guys, I can do an hour a day during off times. I have 5 years of pro experience with j/e translation, I’ll write it on a word program and let someone else make it the subs. i’ve been watching downtown since 1997 so im a little familiar with their work.

send me the Script translation and I’l sub it alongside the others

[quote:20o7k7o1][i:20o7k7o1]Originally posted by FlydayChinatown[/i:20o7k7o1]
Hey guys, I can do an hour a day during off times. I have 5 years of pro experience with j/e translation, I’ll write it on a word program and let someone else make it the subs. i’ve been watching downtown since 1997 so im a little familiar with their work.[/quote:20o7k7o1]

I can help sub! Send me a transcript as well when you’re ready.

I would love to team up with a subber to edit this! Most of the GnT I watch have misspellings here and there, and most of it is not bad, but there are a few words that doesn’t make sense or is misspelled so badly that I can’t make out the word. Shibata does a great job, but then again, he has his wife to edit for him.

i would love to help in anyway I can!

[quote:3ss6rdh1][i:3ss6rdh1]Originally posted by FlydayChinatown[/i:3ss6rdh1]
Hey guys, I can do an hour a day during off times. I have 5 years of pro experience with j/e translation, I’ll write it on a word program and let someone else make it the subs. i’ve been watching downtown since 1997 so im a little familiar with their work.[/quote:3ss6rdh1]

I would so do that, but it defeats the WHOLE purpose of why I’m subbing it in the first place xD… (If it isn’t clear, I’m subbing it for the Japanese Practice…)

In other news, I’m cracking away at it in CyberLink PowerDirector (Awesome video editing software) now, and have about the first 33 seconds done…

What I want to know is if its better to wait until I have it completely done to upload everything or to upload the parts as I complete them.

Do we have editors? More than likely a person with some j/e background would be helpful, but I think any in general could provide help through editing.

Yes, I have posted my “resume” and I am trying to edit this batsu game. :)