Batsu Subbing Project

Hello everyone!!

The idea behind this project changed a bit:
We are still looking for active subbers and translators who can help with translating and making new subs, but we skipped the new year batsu. This batsu has already been covers by 3 people so that won’t be our thing to worry about.

Our first project will be:Heipo spirit camp
More info can be found in our subber forum.

This is the plan:
Everyone with experience in: Subbing in overall, Translating(Japanese to English, this does not have to be perfect), Timesetting and working with subtitling programs are free to post there résumé in the forum of this sheet:
[b:35ffxnu5]Name:
Email(isn’t necessary but can help speeding up the project):
Timezone/Country:
Time you would like to work on subbing a week:
Experience so far:
What task would you like to cover in the project:[/b:35ffxnu5]

My own résumé:
[b:35ffxnu5]Name:[/b:35ffxnu5]Alex
[b:35ffxnu5]Email(isn’t necessary but can help speeding up the project): [/b
[b]Timezone/Country: [/b:35ffxnu5]Netherlands, +1GMT
[b:35ffxnu5]Time you would like to work on subbing a week: [/b:35ffxnu5]8/10 hours or even more if possible.
[b:35ffxnu5]Experience so far:[/b:35ffxnu5]If subbed the haunted hotel batsu using online video’s and some simple Japanese words. I can’t speak any japanese but i have much experience in using Aegisub for subbing.
[b:35ffxnu5]What task would you like to cover in the project:[/b:35ffxnu5]I would like to be a sort collected of all the data that people produce for the batsu, put them together a do a final check on all the font’s and coloring.

I would really love to make this project big! Are you interested? Join in!! We can almost use everyone!

Copy the code beneath for easy use in your résumé:

[code:35ffxnu5]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Email:[/B]
[B]Timezone/Country: [/B]
[B]Time you would like to work on subbing a week:[/B]
[B]Experience so far:[/B]
[B]What task would you like to cover in the project:[/B].[/code:35ffxnu5]

[quote:b3vkt5tx]
I had another email from Shibata, in which he said that he would like to work on the batsu in a more single envoirment. But he also mentioned that he wouldn’t want to community to hold back on subbing for them self!
[/quote:b3vkt5tx]

Here, that’s exactly what I was saying from the beginning.

We better let him do his subbing as he wants, we can encourage him and offer our help, but be sure that this kind of team-subbing with people mainly without experience will inevitably fail.

That’s my opinion.

does he realize that if he subbed the entire Show alone it will take 7-12 months ?

I for one really encourage “experinced only” subbers to unite and sub this show all together including Shibita

1: [b:1w7wzk1i]Name:[/b:1w7wzk1i] Heather (DZee)
2: [b:1w7wzk1i]Email:[/b:1w7wzk1i] [email:1w7wzk1i]bessalania2002@aol.com[/email:1w7wzk1i]
3: [b:1w7wzk1i]Timezone/Country:[/b:1w7wzk1i] CST (UTC-6) / USA

4: [b:1w7wzk1i]Time you would like to work on subbing a week:[/b:1w7wzk1i] I can work on it about 2 days a week (mainly weekends), which is about 20 hours for the whole week

5: [b:1w7wzk1i]Experience so far:[/b:1w7wzk1i]
I can do subtitling and timing. I’m at most a beginning Japanese translator. (will be studying seriously at Florida International University next spring) However, I can spot check the translations very well.

This is my latest stuff I’ve been subbing including two DVD’s:
[url:1w7wzk1i]http://www.youtube.com/DZeeNChaos[/url:1w7wzk1i] (it’s mostly J-rock subbing but subbing none-the-less)

6: [b:1w7wzk1i]What task would you like to cover in the project:[/b:1w7wzk1i]
I can do both subtitling and timing so whatever someone has a harder time with, I can take over that.

[quote:2i677s2u][i:2i677s2u]Originally posted by Kanzaki[/i:2i677s2u]
Here, that’s exactly what I was saying from the beginning.

We better let him do his subbing as he wants, we can encourage him and offer our help, but be sure that this kind of team-subbing with people mainly without experience will inevitably fail.

That’s my opinion.[/quote:2i677s2u]
I am also afraid for something like this, That’s why i would like to try out such project first. See what kind of people apply etc etc. If it doesn’t work, we have learned our lesson.

Also, thanks DZee for applying:)

am concerned about it too ,but my biggest concern that if shibata gonna sub it alone ,it’s gonna take a hell of a long time =/

I’m willing to help with timing

[b:3klgqfbd]Email:[/b:3klgqfbd] Will PM email address

[b:3klgqfbd]Timezone/Country: [/b:3klgqfbd](GMT + 0) UK

[b:3klgqfbd]Time you would like to work each week:[/b:3klgqfbd] Could easily time for 2 hours a day.

[b:3klgqfbd]Experience so far:[/b:3klgqfbd] Timed some movies and a TV show using Aegisub (happy to provide examples by email/PM)

[b:3klgqfbd]What task would you like to cover in the project:[/b:3klgqfbd] Mainly timing but could help with typesetting if needed.

Email: [email:pvle4ej5]otousanmaru@yahoo.com[/email:pvle4ej5]

Timezone/Country: GMT -5, US

Time you would like to work each week: ~8

Experience so far: Timing with aegisub and VSS. On-screen text/“spot” trans, and can trans dialog with CC files (my ear for nihongo is not good but I can pick up 10 to 20%). Can time out dialog from text trans files well. Done timing, and QC on a few dorama on d-addicts; did trans on a few episodes (with CC files).

What task would you like to cover in the project: Timing, QC, and on-screen/spot trans.

note - There’s a lot of on-screen text on the Gaki shows (because of the various dialects I think) so that will help a lot. But too bad there’s never any CC files for Gaki!

This looks good. Would you guys come together as a fansub group, or is this just for the hotel batsu?

A new dedicated gaki fansub group would be so awesome…

[b:fc926n83]Name:[/b:fc926n83] BNelson / Nelson

[b:fc926n83]Email(isn’t necessary but can help speeding up the project):[/b:fc926n83] I’ll keep exclusive for now

[b:fc926n83]Timezone/Country:[/b:fc926n83] Mountain Standard Time, USA

[b:fc926n83]Time you would like to work on subbing a week:[/b:fc926n83] 5+

[b:fc926n83]Experience so far:[/b:fc926n83] I do not speak Japanese, but after seeing slayeer sub the haunted hotel batsu like he did, I too started to sub the tag batsu, but homeless brian finished before me and I gave up my effort, you can see what I did by going to this link : [url:fc926n83]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IRH5FFP[/url:fc926n83]

[b:fc926n83]What task would you like to cover in the project:[/b:fc926n83] If someone could somehow relay the subs to me I would be willing to sub it, I could also be a spell checker / grammatically correct checker (being in AP classes I’m pretty decent at revising). I could sub myself if I knew the language, I also know how to use Aegis Sub.

1: [b:35fz37lj]Name: [/b:35fz37lj]Michael Houang
2: [b:35fz37lj]Email: [/b:35fz37lj][email:35fz37lj]hayama317@yahoo.com[/email:35fz37lj] ; [email:35fz37lj]michaelhouang@yahoo.com[/email:35fz37lj]
3: [b:35fz37lj]Timezone/Country:[/b:35fz37lj] -7, US (Arizona. It doesn’t follow Daylight Savings time, so, the time will change)
4: [b:35fz37lj]Time you would like to work on subbing a week:[/b:35fz37lj] 1-2 hours weekdays/ 2-4 hours weekends
5: [b:35fz37lj]Experience so far:[/b:35fz37lj] None, but I am eager to learn the tricks of the trade (if you will)
6: [b:35fz37lj]What task would you like to cover in the project: [/b:35fz37lj]If there is any openings, i would love to become an editor. I know the job isn’t posted, but I would like for you to take this into consideration

Great to see so many people with the spirit of subbing!

But, I will have to mention that this project isn’t ready to launch yet. Seeing that already 2 people are working on the new batsu(Shibata hasn’t started yet), working on that batsu would be useless.

Idea’s for another (small) Starting project would be great! I would really like to see what this group could do:).

greetz!

Who’s working on it already? You could try doing the absolutely tasty series or other small episodes like them just an idea

DemonicDerek and SSJSubgeta are working on it sepperatly, if i’m right. Time will tell what they will release.

The absolutely tasty series is a real possibility.

1: Name: FlydayChinatown
2: Email: in my id
3: Timezone/Country: East Coast US
4: Time you would like to work on subbing a week: depends, have a full time job, a part time job, and a pregnant wife
5: Experience so far: 4 years j/e translation, JLPT 1
6: What task would you like to cover in the project: translation

need a full 640*400 avi to begin. (as do a lot of other people)

Okay, am I missing someone?

I think you already have cought them all erhan:D

The starting project can be found here: [url=http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/thread.php?threadid=786:3h0xolcv]EP 977 - Heipo Spirit Camp Subbing[/url:3h0xolcv]

It’s available for everyone with a subber tag in there name:).

I’ll give it a Try

[b:orpr306b]Name:[/b:orpr306b] Shadi
[b:orpr306b]Email:[/b:orpr306b] <----PM me to get it
[b:orpr306b]Timezone/Country: [/b:orpr306b] Jordan ,GMT 2:00+
[b:orpr306b]Time you would like to work on subbing a week:[/b:orpr306b]6-10 hours a week
[b:orpr306b]Experience so far:[/b:orpr306b]you guys know my recoloring of the first part of the Hospital Batsu ,and the projects am in so far are :
1-24 hour Tag = Color coding and spelling corrections as well adding some missing subs
2-Hospital Batsu = Color Coding
3-Onsen 1 Batsu = total rendition and color coding
[b:orpr306b]What task would you like to cover in the project:[/b:orpr306b].Color Coding and Timing ;)

I like the idea of working on a smaller project first to get ourselves together, It’s a great idea.

That AbsolutelyTasty Series is a good idea to test sub. We definitly need a leader telling who to do what and when and by what time.

Also dzee it’s fine if you’re a begginer translator, if you get get the gist of what they are saying, it is really easily to manipulate it to make sense in English. I dunno fi you all remember but there was a japanese subber on youtube that subbed into english a whille back, his subs were horid but if we could have someone put make horid subs that are correct, we can get the general idea and make them correct. Hope that makes sense.

cant wait to see the subbed eps. For many years ive watched raws hoping one day it wiill be subbed. I you need meh for asssistance (ie QC checks), id be glad to help. :flowers: