Ep #01 1995.05.09 - Live Food Prep & Prop Censorship

[img:169nvqz8]http://i.imgur.com/5z1tPPv.png[/img:169nvqz8][img:169nvqz8]http://i.imgur.com/omYcGu2.png[/img:169nvqz8]

[color=#400080:169nvqz8][size=150:169nvqz8]Let’s Learn[/size:169nvqz8][/color:169nvqz8]
Live food preparation of a soft shelled turtle. [b:169nvqz8][color=#BF0000:169nvqz8]Be warned: It involves graphic uncensored killing of a live turtle… [/color:169nvqz8][/b:169nvqz8]
[i:169nvqz8]188mb[/i:169nvqz8]
[size=150:169nvqz8][url=https://mega.co.nz/#!pFEnFBgR!CVSPly4x_ejpKbJcpedEE1WEZyAQZpxh48vpharK6UA:169nvqz8]MEGA Download[/url:169nvqz8][/size:169nvqz8]

[color=#400080:169nvqz8][size=150:169nvqz8]Let’s Try[/size:169nvqz8][/color:169nvqz8]
The cast try a challenge in which they must use different props for censorship (think of when in movies a fruit bowl etc. covers things up instead of a censor bar/blur).
[i:169nvqz8]111mb[/i:169nvqz8]
[size=150:169nvqz8][url=https://mega.co.nz/#!1d0EmR7B!uxFw-9Jo3ZeOLGI_R3tE7z4GbV03mnhE23HLuxAl1Kw:169nvqz8]MEGA Download[/url:169nvqz8][/size:169nvqz8]

[b:388f8re3]Warning:[/b:388f8re3] Graphic butchering of a turtle, and I’m not even 10 minutes in.

But I guess that’s what they mean by uncensored live food prep.

[quote="Ibaraki Dave":2j7bn2yt][b:2j7bn2yt]Warning:[/b:2j7bn2yt] Graphic butchering of a turtle, and I’m not even 10 minutes in.

But I guess that’s what they mean by uncensored live food prep.[/quote:2j7bn2yt]

Yeah, sorry if I wasn’t clear enough. :worried:
I had to skip through most of that episode. :( Apparently there was an episode of the popular Iron Chef series which also involved live soft shelled turtles.
… Different culture and all. :?:

[quote="soudou":328cs6fj]Different culture and all. :?:[/quote:328cs6fj]

Culture nothing, man. Gore doesn’t belong on tv, period.

Thanks for the episodes soudou! But what I’d really like to know is how on earth Imada managed to keep his censorship prop there…

[quote="Ni Oxx":39av2rpc]Culture nothing, man. Gore doesn’t belong on tv, period.[/quote:39av2rpc]

Yeah. :( I couldn’t bare to watch it personally.
I just post it for completion of the series, since I guess not everyone has the same opinions and I don’t want my own bias to affect what gets uploaded, hope thats OK… :worried: There are other things from this series I also found too much but I hope people understand I just post them without any personal attachment. Like those who posted the Gaki no Tsukai video of Yamasaki getting prank raped in the public toilets even if they didn’t agree with it…

[quote="giffan":39av2rpc]Thanks for the episodes soudou! But what I’d really like to know is how on earth Imada managed to keep his censorship prop there…[/quote:39av2rpc]

You’re welcome. :)
Haha maybe we don’t want to really know. :rofl: Not like he did a good job of keeping it there in the end. That poor audience :lol:

[quote:3j46797q]I hope people understand I just post them without any personal attachment, like those who posted the Gaki no Tsukai video of Yamasaki getting prank raped in the public toilets even if they didn’t agree with it.[/quote:3j46797q]

With my previous post in mind, I think with things like this, where we’re curating a collection of static digital artifacts, rather than evaluating new, evolving content (say, if they did the same thing today, which they wouldn’t, because of the inevitable publicity shitstorm), this objective attitude is the right one to take - censoring the past doesn’t change it, it only obscures it.

[quote="Ni Oxx":2gz1yj5b]With my previous post in mind, I think with things like this, where we’re curating a collection of static digital artifacts, rather than evaluating new, evolving content (say, if they did the same thing today, which they wouldn’t, because of the inevitable publicity shitstorm), this objective attitude is the right one to take - censoring the past doesn’t change it, it only obscures it.[/quote:2gz1yj5b]

Thank you.
Yeah there’s things I doubt they’d do today. The rape prank has over a million views on Youtube with a lot of Japanese comments, I could only Google Translate them to get a vague idea but I think some were saying they probably wouldn’t be able to broadcast that kind of thing on current TV. Certain things they did to animals for example on early Gaki episodes I guess wouldn’t happen today too (like catapulting a live hedgehog/porcupine type thing into the air :( ).