No Laughing: Earth Defense Force (2013/2014)

罰ゲーム
Perhaps the best known Gaki no Tsukai episodes are those dealing with batsu games, or punishment games, in which one or more of the cast members are subjected to after losing bets, major competition, or physical challenges
429 posts
Bigun wrote:
soudou wrote:
By the way, just looking at the Team Gaki links and was wondering if bigun's fixed 1080 22GB file should be used as opposed to bigun's first 24GB attempt which they stated has interlacing issues? They did mention some retiming of the subfile might be required though unfortunately :(
I'll just check out the awesome 720p version, so it's no big deal of course, just thought I'd mention it.

Now that the subs are done, I may take a try at retiming them myself.

I've gave it a shot, download it here. I found one mistake in the subtitles (a minor one right before the team quiz battle) and fixed it as well. This set of subtitles is meant for the fixed 1080 30p version here.

*edit*

Fixed one more set of lines at the very end when the credits were rolling. I also noticed a line from the batsu not translated that I will address with the team.
Oh wow, Bigun, you're a star. Thank you for all your efforts in creating a 1080 version. It's nice to have a max quality version to burn and keep forever :)
I can't download the 1080p version. By the way, does the 720p version is hardsubbed? I might download it

Kawaii~
VideogameDC wrote:
I can't download the 1080p version. By the way, does the 720p version is hardsubbed? I might download it

Why "can't" you? Something happen?
It's downloading fine for me here via the torrent link Bigun posted. Started it 8 hours ago and its 68% (14.4GB) done so far :)
Big Thank you to everyone on the subbing team for doing a fantastic job this year!
:bow: :bow: :inlove: :inlove: 8) 8) :hug: :hug: :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock: :* :* :dance: :dance: :party: :party: :handshake: :handshake: :l: :l: :ninja: :ninja: :*: :*: :^: :^: :muscle: :muscle:
Bigun wrote:
VideogameDC wrote:

This... Whatever it's called appears when I click in the link you provided

Kawaii~
soudou wrote:
It's downloading fine for me here via the torrent link Bigun posted. Started it 8 hours ago and its 68% (14.4GB) done so far :)

But it's the 720p version of the batsu?

Kawaii~
VideogameDC wrote:

That's the subtitle .ass file, re-timed by Bigun to fit the fixed 1080 video. Just do File > Save Page As on your web browser and save it :)
When watching the batsu, just need to make sure the .ass file is in the same folder as the video (and that both have the same filename).

This is the torrent link for the fixed 1080 video:
http://www.pwnedclips.com/stuff/No%20La ... p4.torrent
Will it work with a Blu Ray player?? :?:

Kawaii~
VideogameDC wrote:

I've never burned a Bluray Disc, sorry. But it does seem doable with software that support subtitle files. Try checking the VideoHelp forums by doing a site search into Google something like:
.ass bluray burn site:forum.videohelp.com
soudou wrote:
VideogameDC wrote:

I've never burned a Bluray Disc, sorry. But it does seem doable with software that support subtitle files. Try checking the VideoHelp forums by doing a site search into Google something like:
.ass bluray burn site:forum.videohelp.com

I wish I could have a Blu Ray reader on my PC. I'm thinking of sticking a USB Drive on the Blu Ray player with the batsu (.ass subs and the 720p video) hehe

Kawaii~
VideogameDC wrote:

If your BluRay player has a USB port for external devices, if you have a USB device large enough to hold the video file (22 GB of free space), if your BlueRay player supports playing MP4 containers, and if your BlueRay player supports using .ass subtitles, then yes, you can use your BlueRay player. I wouldn't recommend trying, if you value your sanity.

I, personally, have my laptop hooked up to my projection TV via HDMI and have XBMC installed and am using that to play the batsu game. Me and my wife are actually hosting a very small party tomorrow and are showing the batsu at home. Or just watch it on your PC. ;)

PS - loving the JonTron GIF, kind of a fan here.
VideogameDC wrote:
Bigun wrote:
VideogameDC wrote:

What you are looking at there is the raw subtitle work from Team Gaki with a couple of edits by me made to work with the 1080 30p cut I made. Have a close look and you can see the timestamps and styles that are to be used. As soudou said, "File" -> "Save Page As".
VideogameDC wrote:
soudou wrote:

But it's the 720p version of the batsu?

That link is the 1080 30p edit.
429 posts