No Laughing: Earth Defense Force (2013/2014)

罰ゲーム
Perhaps the best known Gaki no Tsukai episodes are those dealing with batsu games, or punishment games, in which one or more of the cast members are subjected to after losing bets, major competition, or physical challenges
429 posts
Does anyone have synced subs for "No Laughing Earth Defense Force (2013-2014) unseen footage + extra scene (without commercials)". I checked the last 5 pages and couldn't find any reference to it.
Eventhough I've been part of the Downtown fandom for 8~9 years now, I know I am "a good 2 years too late for this".
But, I only just now catched up with EDF and I think it was quite a step up from the previous 2~3 years (2010's Spy theme will probably always be the most boring one to me).
There were some sketches/pranks that I consider to be among the top 10 yearly batsu ideas. The two DVDs were an amazing idea and the sweaty sweets, oh man...
The yearbook guy was probably the best acting I've ever seen on any Downtown thing. It was truly amazing.

I also liked that Jimmy Onishi's part was really small.
The extremely unfunny parts were the astronaut/monkey thing and, once again, the two clubs fighting each other.

I actually really enjoyed the few commercials, since it was an interesting look at what GnT has as commercials. I wouldn't want all of the commercials in it, however. haha
Thanks once again Team Gaki for some really well done subs!
Would anyone be interested in a 1080p60 release with resynced subs?
Source is the 1080i raw which has better blacks/contrast than the 720p25 release.

We are talking maybe 10-15 GB x265 with remuxed sound. Still not sure wether to cut the commercials or not..

Quality comparisons:

Ronson wrote:
Source is the 1080i raw which has better blacks/contrast than the 720p25 release.

We are talking maybe 10-15 GB x265 with remuxed sound. Still not sure wether to cut the commercials or not..

Quality comparisons:

This is relevant to my interests. Furthermore, I think having both versions, one with commericals, one without, would please the most people, if doing both wouldn't cause you too much trouble. One last thing: isn't the 1080i source 50 fps, instead of 60?
Shappuri Agemaaasu!!
Ni Oxx wrote:
This is relevant to my interests. Furthermore, I think having both versions, one with commericals, one without, would please the most people, if doing both wouldn't cause you too much trouble.
The problem is that I have already resynced the 720p subs to the 1080i raw. I can easily cut the commercials out of the video after conversion with mkvtoolnix, but I am not sure wether it also edits the subs. Subs won't be hardcoded so they would have to be resynced yet again if mkvtoolnix does not do this.

The commercials are between 2:00 - 2:30 minutes every 15 minutes or so. They add one extra hour (from 5 to 6 hours) to the show.

Ni Oxx wrote:
One last thing: isn't the 1080i source 50 fps, instead of 60?
Sorry, the 720p release is 720p30, not 720p25 as I wrote. The 1080i is 29.97 fps, so my release would be 59.94 fps.
There were some sketches/pranks that I consider to be among the top 10 yearly batsu ideas. The two DVDs were an amazing idea and the sweaty sweets, oh man...

It would have been a nice gag if Hamada got a DVD from his adult son but have him tell Hamada how awful a father he has been.
Ronson wrote:

Quality comparisons:

I've signed up to say "Yes, please".
Ronson wrote:

Yeah, any improvement in quality is great! :inlove:
EDF was an awesome one.
I did a test encode, I managed to get it down to 7,5 GB.

Still 1080p60 of course :)
And still looks a lot better then the 9GB 720p30 version.

But maybe I should crank up the quality a bit..

> Please see this thread for download <
429 posts