No longer 24-hour games?

I was wondering why the games are no longer 24 hour, even though it still says that it does. I have noticed that even though the titles are saying that they are still doing the "job" for 24 hours, they are finishing after 13-19 hours. Is it because of their ages or is there a law in Japan that says that they can’t?

Yeah, previously they had to stay overnight for a further 5~6 hours (and didn’t get any sleep whilst being pestered). Not sure if there is an official statement, like you say we can only guess that eventually it became a burden to their health or they were simply too tired. Similar to the replacement of whips/ass darts/wooden canes as the ‘punishment’. The sticks still hurt and over a long period cause enough damage to give Matsumoto hemorrhoids (since he’s always getting the highest record) but aren’t as likely to cause permanent damage. Housei has also said it takes him a couple of weeks for his face to fully heal from Chono’s mega slap. :rofl:

I don’t think its due to a common Japanese work law, because even in Japan viewers have noted and wondered why it says 24 hours still after the time was reduced slightly to about 19 hours.

http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa ... 1179007621

[quote:k845tqe4]ryograndline:
確か19時間が経過したところで屋上でゾンビが手を振ってお終いとなりましたよね。・・・っちょっとまってください。「絶対に笑ってはいけない空港24時」ですよね?残り5時間、どこへ行っちゃったんでしょう?
After 19 hours had passed, a zombie waved then it ended…but wait. Isn’t it "Do not Laugh 24 Hours Airport"? 5 hours remained, where did it go?

hidamariair:
残り5時間は存在していませんよ。撮影したのは19時間、ですから正確には24時ではなく19時!よってあれで終わりです。
The remaining 5 hours doesn’t exist. So it ended there. It was taken down to 19 hours, so 19 instead of 24 would be exact!
ちなみにですが、24時になっていないのは今回だけではありません。他にも「スパイ」「新聞社」もタイトルに24時とはついていますが、24時間ではありませんでした。
By the way, it wasn’t only this batsu that was not 24 hours. Spy and Newspaper also had 24 hours in the title but did not last that long.
24時」というのはタイトルから外したほうがいいですよね~。
Probably be good to take it out the title~
[/quote:k845tqe4]

Maybe the staff just feel it’s a catchier title :rofl:

[quote="soudou":2yfo6c46]…
Maybe the staff just feel it’s a catchier title :rofl:[/quote:2yfo6c46]

++

Thanks. It’s been bugging me since I realized it wasn’t 24 hours anymore. I think you might be right about the title staying the same.

You noticed it on the newest batsu? Because it was shortened to 19 hours since the Newspaper one I think. Haven’t seen the older batsus like the Police one.

They don’t sleep anymore. ;(
I miss the Gonya go yamada part. when they are trying to sleep.

[quote="andylau-fr":283x4foh]They don’t sleep anymore. ;(
I miss the Gonya go yamada part. when they are trying to sleep.[/quote:283x4foh]

I tought that after the batsu was finished, they went to their homes to sleep. Maybe they can’t sleep because of the pain in their butts :lol:

[quote="andylau-fr":2ulwz0os]They don’t sleep anymore. ;(
I miss the Gonya go yamada part. when they are trying to sleep.[/quote:2ulwz0os]

I don’t think they could top that scene in Police, it was just too perfect. :rofl: As well as what happened to Housei at the end (avoiding spoiling since VideoGameDC says they haven’t watched it).
But if they had continued having them stay overnight and just done that gag every year, I think people would likely of said "it’s too repetitive/predictable", like they already do for other segments.
I do miss them doing other pranks on them whilst trying to sleep though (Obachan’s surprise was great). But oh well.

Remember on the High School Batsu when Hamada dressed as one of the Bamboo Sword guys to punish the rest of the Gaki members? :rofl:
I loved the last part when Hamada made them run like 200 m (I think Matsumoto mentioned how much they ran on the Unaired segments of the batsu).

They should make mini batsus in their regular programming instead of doing it in new years eve.

[quote="VideogameDC":zjl220lh]They should make mini batsus in their regular programming instead of doing it in new years eve.[/quote:zjl220lh]

Sometimes they still do if they lose a challenge or do badly. Off the top of my head:
2013:
Hamada’s Birthday ~ led to ~ Baby Heipo Care episode (Special punishment for Fujiwara of License)
Matsuko Karuta Contest ~ led to ~ Date with Matsuko episode
Classic Retro Gaming ~ led to ~ Flick to the forehead

2012:
Matsumoto’s 100 Questions ~ led to ~ 100 Shouts of Matsumoto (aka Remote Controlled Yamasaki)
Maybe it was this year Tanaka also got a punishment for failing a Karuta contest.

Of course there’s always the Kiki’s too. :lol:

[quote="andylau-fr":2x8p96xs]I miss the Gonya go yamada part. when they are trying to sleep.[/quote:2x8p96xs]

This so much. I loved those bits. :lol: