Official Batsu 2015 Discussion Thread

罰ゲーム
Perhaps the best known Gaki no Tsukai episodes are those dealing with batsu games, or punishment games, in which one or more of the cast members are subjected to after losing bets, major competition, or physical challenges
492 posts
I was unaware of Mickstar's efforts, but I am glad his work has been kept. I watched an unsubbed stream on Kazan's channel, but went to bed on account of the stream freezing during the reporting segment. I couldn't get it running again. I missed the handtowel club, but there were a few moments that had me laughing loud enough to wake the neighbours. I'll be watching the rest later on, and again when the subbed version arrives.
The lack of Jimmy is quite disappointing. Hopefully he'll be in the extra footage episodes. On the plus side, it was nice seeing HG again, you rarely see him nowadays.

Thank you sooooooo much! I missed the live stream, but now I can watch it on my new years!
damn, 30MB+ upload speed!

andylau-fr wrote:
https://twitter.com/tyoutanaka/status/550251733092278272

:D

Best pumpkin ever !! ^~^
Team GnT FR // Japanese Subber/ ------- Moderator / Co-TeamLeader of GnT FR
A lot of people might not know a few of the fellows in this year's gaki:

The guy (Professor Niigaki) with Matsuko Deluxe and why he's famous:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/06/world/asi ... beethoven/

The guy (one of my old favorite sumo wrestlers, Takamisakari) who imitated Kinpachi Sensei:
http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_new ... 1301280088

It was nice to see the Ulfuls do the final song as well.

Can someone upload these videos to a different host please, the website is telling me the server is busy and I have to register as a paying member :@
It's buffering every 2 seconds for me and quality is crap, I want to watch this nooooooooooooooooow !! :worried:
andylau-fr wrote:
https://twitter.com/tyoutanaka/status/550251733092278272

:D

LMFAO!!!! That is classic.
I'm a little disapointed with this year's Batsu.
Fortunately or unfortunately you can expect everything we see for years so..
The bus part was long and very average as always like most of the first hour.
The drawers part, which is my favorite, was short and not really funny, they don't seem to want to fool around anymore, especially Matsumoto, they seem they don't want to participate.
The tag game was definitely the best part of it, really funny and quite long.
The rest of it consists of everything you've already seen, and better before.
Yamasaki definitely steals the show this year.
I'm not sure they will do it again next year
Johnhk wrote:
Yamasaki definitely steals the show this year.

yes, I agree. good for him! and this was good for the show. downtown seems to have no energy more and need more help from the others. even matsumoto was following yamasaki many times :o
batsu was, sadly as expected, almost the same as previous years but for me a little bit better.
luckly as expected, I had a great time watching the show :rofl:
It looked like a lot was left apart. we should expect for long extra footage!
Johnhk wrote:
I'm not sure they will do it again next year

it depends on the ratings the show gain if it's a success they continue
but also if Matsumoto could not afford the next Batsu .....
Hamada will not participate if his partner don't come.
Team GnT FR // Japanese Subber/ ------- Moderator / Co-TeamLeader of GnT FR
Last year they beat their previous viewership records in the Kanto region since beginning the No Laughing series, this year they were only marginally behind that. In the Kansai region they again beat their previous viewership records.
Only time will tell of course though. I think Matsumoto once said in an interview he's the type of person who continues for so long as there are people who would appreciate it. So if the responce is good, maybe it motivates him to keep going.

Thanks for the no spoiler reviews guys. I'm really hyped now hearing that Housei was a major element again this year. :D
Chokkan wrote:

Can someone upload these videos to a different host please, the website is telling me the server is busy and I have to register as a paying member :@

You are probably choosing to see the higest quality of the batsu in the site, as I don't have any problems with it, only when I play videos on my phone.

Kawaii~
492 posts