Official Batsu 2015 Discussion Thread

罰ゲーム
Perhaps the best known Gaki no Tsukai episodes are those dealing with batsu games, or punishment games, in which one or more of the cast members are subjected to after losing bets, major competition, or physical challenges
492 posts
tadsgirl wrote:
solari wrote:
Watched the 3rd jan unaired footage sp.
I didn't really laugh a lot at Jimmy's part and the female prisoners' part
I really like the sing for food part though. :)

OH!!!! Those are my favorite parts!!! I wonder why they didn't air them on the main broadcast.

Maybe there were some segments that took more time than they normally do, so other segments didn't made the cut to the normal batsu and just were aired in the 24 minute and 2 hr special episodes. I don't really have any idea.

Kawaii~
Johnhk wrote:
I'm a little disapointed with this year's Batsu.
Fortunately or unfortunately you can expect everything we see for years so..
The bus part was long and very average as always like most of the first hour.
The drawers part, which is my favorite, was short and not really funny, they don't seem to want to fool around anymore, especially Matsumoto, they seem they don't want to participate.
The tag game was definitely the best part of it, really funny and quite long.
The rest of it consists of everything you've already seen, and better before.
Yamasaki definitely steals the show this year.
I'm not sure they will do it again next year

I think they've developed much more of a dependence on 未公開 (unreleased extra scenes) for DVD sales, etc. The original shows had some extraneous shots etc. for mikoukai, but you could tell that lately they were showing very little of many of the numerous ideas simply because they'll probably sell a original, mikoukai, mikoukai 2, mikoukai 3, and complete set with extra scenes.

They're probably making buttloads off of the increased filming and resulting DVD sales.
Yay 30 mins
I just noticed they didn't eat at all this year in terms of earning their food?? That's a bit surprising.
wolf4537 wrote:
I just noticed they didn't eat at all this year in terms of earning their food?? That's a bit surprising.

Iirc that was moved to the extra footage for some reason. I'm a bit worried about that since we still don't have the Earth Defense Force extra footage subbed.
The dumb is strong in this one.
gesichtspalme wrote:
wolf4537 wrote:

Iirc that was moved to the extra footage for some reason. I'm a bit worried about that since we still don't have the Earth Defense Force extra footage subbed.

You forgot about the Airport batsu extra footage.

Kawaii~
VideogameDC wrote:
gesichtspalme wrote:
wolf4537 wrote:

You forgot about the Airport batsu extra footage.

I didn't forget about the previous batsu games, but I kinda lost all my hopes on ever seeing the extra footage subbed.
I remember when our subbers said they'd do the extra stuff and also Kiki (which is my favourite GnT stuff by far), but it never happened.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I'm still hoping that we will finally get the extra footage that we all have missed and especially the Kiki series, but right now, it just doesn't look good. I've been waiting for this stuff for SO long. :/
Can anyone tell me if they're torrent links? I use only torrent to get the batsus but i couldn't find any... (neither the airport batsu)
Tasukete kudasai mina!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :( :( :(

...sorry for being off topic maybe =P
gesichtspalme wrote:
I didn't forget about the previous batsu games, but I kinda lost all my hopes on ever seeing the extra footage subbed.
I remember when our subbers said they'd do the extra stuff and also Kiki (which is my favourite GnT stuff by far), but it never happened.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I'm still hoping that we will finally get the extra footage that we all have missed and especially the Kiki series, but right now, it just doesn't look good. I've been waiting for this stuff for SO long. :/

Everyone's been waiting for more subbed GNT episodes, but it seems we will get them in a long time as there aren't that many subbers out there.

Kawaii~
Hopefully subbers will get it done, thanks for everything guys. I will just recap and watch 2014 Butso game while waiting for 2015. :rock: I have been away for so long so no excuse. small donation as a contribution for the subs. Thanks a lot, without this site, I can't watch anything.
ImageImage
Hey guys honestly can't wait till we got a new subbed batsu. I have been running out of things to watch XD
Bumping this thread now the batsu is fully out, spoilers can be spread galore!
Still using a hide tag due to length though :rofl:
I found myself re-watching many great moments, I always enjoy aspects of every batsu, but I think last years Earth Defense still ranks higher for me.

Chono's appearance being announced before the ad-break makes me wish even more that they'd do away with the stage setting for Chono in the future. I had the idea of having him as a prison thug who randomly appears from out of the cells and forces Housei to do errands, which he inevitably fails. Other batsus, though on a stage, also were good fun because of how much Chono would wrestle with him (last year's Earth Defense was basically an all-out wrestling match). It seems Chono didn't really put on a lot of pressure beyond trying to take his shield (the baby) away.

I always love the tag game returning but they didn't seem to handle the tacked-on treasure hunt as well as last year's. Seemed the key boxes were just randomly dumped out in the open when they weren't looking... Also seemed to be less different types of Oni this year, especially since the guest guy could just sit out on the field nonchalantly.

I was surprised they didn't put more in the drawers, even something simple like a pencil as in Newspaper would be OK, leaving so many completely empty was a shame.
The Macho Matsumoto cartoon was great and speaking of Matsumoto his sarcastic jabs at Hamada were great this year.
They really went all out on Tanaka in the round-table gossip stories, that was a surprise!
Gekidan Hitori really is a man of many skills...
Downtown having to do challenges to free the others kinda goes with an idea I had to spice up the Don't Get Scared section, the challenges were easy but maybe they can build it up more in the future. Still wish they'd do away with those "so bad they're scary" cameo guests (I did enjoy Matsumoto saying he'd kick their ass though).

My personal Housei Highlights (what this isn't the Housei Show? I kid I kid):
~ Almost suffocating from that glue-filled gas mask, yikes!! Reminds me of when Matsuko nearly suffocated him.
- His mournfully shocked face after getting smacked by Hamada for dithering about with the cupboard. I can see why Endo laughed.
~ Utilizing the "Casual Speech" card as a "Be Abrasive" card instead.
- Matsumoto's constant breakdowns to his over-friendly speech, reminds me of this moment I liked from the Costume Talks.
- Ice Bucket Thai Kick!! :D
~ His "Who me?" face after Hamada points out how he called his name for the Thai Kick nomination.
- Bumping into Hamada whilst trying to hide behind him (and then still ultimately getting caught).
- Getting his comeuppance for using his shackle ball against them.
- That cute little "Nani?" after the Slipper Oni releases his shackles.
- His reactions to the bare butt beatings and the silly setup he and Matsumoto did about reducing the pain.
Now that I've watched the whole thing, I really feel kind of mixed up there.

The parts where the guys had to improvise were really good, but the heavily scripted parts were super boring. I forced myself to watch through the whole thing and there were great moments as well as moments where I was so fucking bored that I thought I'd never watch this again. The scripted parts are just so easily predictive that they are just not any fun anymore.

I've never been so mixed about a batsu game yet.
I enjoyed this batsu but not as much as I had hoped. I think if they mixed things up a bit it would go a long way. This one felt a little to formulaic. There was still plenty of good moments, though.
I liked that year's batsu, way better than the previous one (Earth Defense Force)

But we lost something in the process...it has become something redundant but interesting theatrical moments to watch tho. It makes the show evolving and entertaining on different sides. I miss the old Batsu game style, but i'm also glad they keep going with new ideas and it's still interesting to watch :)
492 posts