[MEGA]No-Laughing New Year Prison Special 2014 1080/720 RAW

罰ゲーム
Perhaps the best known Gaki no Tsukai episodes are those dealing with batsu games, or punishment games, in which one or more of the cast members are subjected to after losing bets, major competition, or physical challenges
121 posts
Why not just deinterlace with vlc?
Thats what i did with ernie video and it was perfect.
what download tools you guys use??????
i use macbook/
i see thanks soudou ;)
Hi, first post here :) Been lurking for some time though.

It was me who wrote that on their FB page.

soudou wrote:
ufonautas555 wrote:
don't forget to deinterlace video becouse team gaki responded that their video is deinterlaced but user responded on fb: I am sorry but I see interlacing every time there is movement.

I don't know much about that kinda thing but they did actually de-interlace it when re-encoding it with Adobe Premiere Pro. So even if you de-interlace I guess there can be issues if the algorithm the software filter used retained some artefacts during motion blur. I guess that is something that comes with tweaking the settings or maybe using some plugin/addon.

It's pretty complicated (I don't envy those who do video encoding), here's some comment I found on methods:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/205/875144
Premiere's default deinterlacing, would probably be the fastest, though it is the lowest quality. It does what I call a 'field doubling' method. You essentially lose half of your vertical resolution.

Another method you can do in premiere is to duplicate your clip, so the identical clip is on a layer exactly above the original. Then on the lower clip, use premieres default Deinterlace/Lower fields. Then on the upper clip Deinterlace/Upper fields. Then set the upper clip to 50% opacity. Less information is lost with this method, but if you have a lot of motion there will be problems, sometimes referred to as ghosting.

I'm unsure of the latest default effects available in PP or AE, but for the best quality you would want a deinterlacing method that isolates the visible combing in an interlaced frame, and deinterlaces only the portions of the frame that need it - like Fields Kit (<ccc title="" style="font-size: inherit; -webkit-transition: none; transition: none; background-color: transparent;">561.74 kr ()</ccc>).

The video is definitely still interlaced somewhere in the process. There are four posibilities as I see it:

1) They forgot the deinterlace the original and just resized it. That would result in exactly what we see in the video:
Image < click to see full size

2) Adobe's fast deinterlacing creates some artifacts. Not possible, as Adobe would know how to handle this. If "field doubling" is the default "fast deinterlacing" then it would not look this, it would simply remove every other horisontal line (even or odd) and produce a clean deinterlaced video.

3) They export it in an interlaced format. Very unlikely, as it is not a default setting and it would make no sense to choose this. And our chosen media player would be able to handle it and deinterlace on-the-fly.

4) The original is f**ked up, making deinterlacing impossible.

It is either option 1 or 4. If other people have been able to succesfully deinterlace the raw ts file it must be option 1 :)
If it option 4 then... let's hope not!

The best solution is ALWAYS to either use the original (the file size is too big in this situation) or deinterlaced to double the framerate and compress it a progressive format. That way we get 60 fps smooth video with no information lost. Destructive deinterlacing like "field doubling" throws away half of the image (every other line) and is considered a very bad way to deinterlace.

I would not care about a 5 minute video being interlaced, but 5 interlaced hours is not enjoyable :D
vivoxxx wrote:
what download tools you guys use??????
i use macbook/

...What do you mean?

Kawaii~
andylau-fr wrote:
Why not just deinterlace with vlc?
Thats what i did with ernie video and it was perfect.

I just wonder if the subs will become offset using a different raw than whatever Team Gaki provides? I'm assuming the points where things are cut would get exponentially different as the video goes on, throwing the timing off. If not then we could use any 1080 version.

I remember last year Bigun provided the raw for the Earth Defence Force batsu and they had exactly the same problem with people observing interlacing artefacts in their deinterlaced video. After a lot of trouble they figured it out though:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5258&p=44253#p44253

So perhaps Bigun could provide their raw to Team Gaki at this early stage in the process to work with if it'll have less interlacing issues?
ufonautas555 wrote:
don't forget to deinterlace video becouse team gaki responded that their video is deinterlaced but user responded on fb:
I am sorry but I see interlacing every time there is movement. These are from 3 random places in the video
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205390667943992&set=p.10205390667943992&type=1&theater

I was bit by this last year. I won't be bit again.
Bigun wrote:
I was bit by this last year. I won't be bit again.

Awesome, thanks for your efforts Bigun, it's greatly appreciated :)
Will you be giving it to Team Gaki? It's unfortunate timing has already begun though. :(
Maybe any timing discrepancies between the subs and your raw can be remedied though like last year?
Either way thanks again. :bow:
It is relatively simple to shift subtitles, there are several apps and online tools to do this, no need to worry about it.
Ronson wrote:
It is relatively simple to shift subtitles, there are several apps and online tools to do this, no need to worry about it.

What he said. It's more work, just tedious timing and checking work.

I'm about half done with editing now, should finish that up this morning. Then export the project, then run it through a deinterlace process, then quality check, then the whole process of getting it split and uploaded.

As far as Team Gaki goes, I've never worked with them directly, honestly I was a little shocked they used my edit last year. I'd be happy to work with them if a team member would contact me.

*edit*

Exporting project now. Will take ~37 hours or so.
Awesome, thanks Ronson and Bigun. Yeah I guess the difficulty depends on how many points in the video the subs shift huh. Either way something can be worked out so that's great. :)

Thanks again for your efforts, video encoding is such a long arduous process. Look forward to your release. :bow:
Bigun wrote:
Ronson wrote:

What he said. It's more work, just tedious timing and checking work.

I'm about half done with editing now, should finish that up this morning. Then export the project, then run it through a deinterlace process, then quality check, then the whole process of getting it split and uploaded.

As far as Team Gaki goes, I've never worked with them directly, honestly I was a little shocked they used my edit last year. I'd be happy to work with them if a team member would contact me.

*edit*

Exporting project now. Will take ~24 hours or so.

Will you export the project in a 720p video or 1080p? And how much space will it take to download?

Kawaii~
soudou wrote:
I just wonder if the subs will become offset using a different raw than whatever Team Gaki provides? I'm assuming the points where things are cut would get exponentially different as the video goes on, throwing the timing off. If not then we could use any 1080 version.

I just get the raw I like the most and then just time the subs on-the-fly while watching it using the "make subtitles 0.5s slower/faster" keys that most of the players have.
Knudow wrote:
I just get the raw I like the most and then just time the subs on-the-fly while watching it using the "make subtitles 0.5s slower/faster" keys that most of the players have.

Ah I see, true, but it does take you out of being engrossed in watching.
There's an option in Aegisub under Timing > Shift Times. You could Shift+Click on the lines you want to shift by 0.5s and use that to permanently adjust it.
Like Bigun etc. says it's just time-consuming but if you're already doing all that on-the-fly every single time you're watching then it'll save you time in the long run.
When the out-of-time lines are something like "From this point onwards everything is 5 seconds late" then I modify the file and save the changes, yes.

But sometimes the subtitles timing changes a lot during the batsu so I just make it simple and press the keys while watching it.
121 posts