[MEGA]No-Laughing New Year Prison Special 2014 1080/720 RAW

罰ゲーム
Perhaps the best known Gaki no Tsukai episodes are those dealing with batsu games, or punishment games, in which one or more of the cast members are subjected to after losing bets, major competition, or physical challenges
121 posts
omg thank you!!
VideogameDC wrote:
Bigun wrote:
Ronson wrote:
It is relatively simple to shift subtitles, there are several apps and online tools to do this, no need to worry about it.

What he said. It's more work, just tedious timing and checking work.

I'm about half done with editing now, should finish that up this morning. Then export the project, then run it through a deinterlace process, then quality check, then the whole process of getting it split and uploaded.

As far as Team Gaki goes, I've never worked with them directly, honestly I was a little shocked they used my edit last year. I'd be happy to work with them if a team member would contact me.

*edit*

Exporting project now. Will take ~24 hours or so.

Will you export the project in a 720p video or 1080p? And how much space will it take to download?

I'm doing a 1080p export. Unsure of the size, but if last year was any indication, about ~25 - 30 GB.
I feel like I'm ready to break something. The export got to the last frame then gave an "unknown error" then deleted the export. I have to start the export over.
Bigun wrote:
I feel like I'm ready to break something. The export got to the last frame then gave an "unknown error" then deleted the export. I have to start the export over.

Uff... It's okay, no one is putting you under pressure.

Kawaii~
Bigun wrote:

Ah man that sucks. I hate video encoding. Anyway there's no rush. Thanks again for your effort.
Bigun wrote:

Ok, something was up using the H264 encoder, switching to a different one.
Bigun wrote:

Glad you were able to figure it out, best of luck, hope it works out for you!
soudou wrote:
Bigun wrote:

Got it exported, now I'm just tweaking the codec and re-encoding the whole thing.

After that, export to RAR file, then upload.

*edit*

Also, should this get it's own thread? 1080p edit w/ no commercials?
Bigun wrote:
soudou wrote:
Bigun wrote:

Got it exported, now I'm just tweaking the codec and re-encoding the whole thing.

I see. I just saw your response right now. It will be probably a huge ass size due for being 1080p, even if you use the h264 codec.

Kawaii~
Bigun wrote:
*edit*
Also, should this get it's own thread? 1080p edit w/ no commercials?

Sorry dunno about the thread thing, that's more for a moderator to decide.

Either way, in this thread or another, look forward to the upload. Thanks for all your efforts in figuring out all the issues. Video encoding can be such a headache.
I like having all the raws in one thread. Just PM shikigami and tell him to add your version to the first post when you upload it, so we can have all the raws there :)
Ok guys, being really picky about the export here, I'm figuring this will be used for permanent archival or even use at parties (I know I will).

There are a lot of artifacts while scrubbing through the video, I may put in some extra keyframes and re-visit the bandwidth. What is the bandwidth on the 1080i source? I'm not at home and cannot check.

*edit*

Nice, the OP has it posted. I encoded at 10 Mbps, the original is at 12.4 Mbps. I don't want to lose any quality, so I may re-encode. I'm also going to put in keyframes manually every 90 frames to make scrubbing much less painful.

*edit*

Correction, it's maxed out at 20 Mbps. I've lost a lot of quality, definitely need to re-encode.
And to think that the most "technical" thing I do when re-encoding is adding default options like --tune film or --preset veryslow......
Thank you Bigun, I'll likely be going with your version for archiving like last year so your efforts to get the quality high are enormously appreciated. I'll have my fingers crossed for you that the next encode has the golden settings that seem so hard to pinpoint when video encoding :bow:

@Knudow: Same here, I'm not good with figuring out all the little options for video codecs and such, I am just happy when it doesn't end up 10x bigger than the original file (which sometimes happens :drunk: ).
If anyone wants to post mirrors or other 720/1080 versions PM me and I will add them to the OP.
121 posts