TeamGaki Needs You! 2015/16 Batsu Subber Form

Want to join TG to sub the batsu and maybe more after?

Fill in the form [url=http://goo.gl/forms/zOsFfSDuvS:3v3ppt03]Here[/url:3v3ppt03] and we will be in touch!

For and on behalf of TeamGaki
Rich

Thank you for subbing this year’s batsu game.

Last year’s subbing was excellent. Though, like everything, it can be improved.

I’ve been rewatching the Prison batsu game recently. There were several circumstances in which black text (often on a black or dark background) was used. It was hard to read.

I don’t think you need to be so strict in using the same color for English subtitles as the Japanese text on screen. This would be especially true when subbing for the five main characters. Just keep it Matsumot/Red, Hamada/Blue, etc. all the time unless you have a very good reason to deviate.

Please dont.

I rather have nobody translate this,than your half assed translation and then ask for donations when you could simply do it non-profit and make releases on a forum.

[quote="nobodyserio":8s6b46ah]Please dont.

I rather have nobody translate this,than your half assed translation and then ask for donations when you could simply do it non-profit and make releases on a forum.[/quote:8s6b46ah]

Nice attitude. :clap: :rock:

How about you help them improve the quality if you’re not satisfied with their "half assed" subbing?

[quote="nobodyserio":arznidmn]I rather have nobody translate this,than your half assed translation and then ask for donations when you could simply do it non-profit and make releases on a forum.[/quote:arznidmn]

• For me something is always better than nothing, but I understand everyone will have a different opinion on that.
  • Translation is very subjective, sometimes a literal translation can read less fluently in English and vice versa. Someone who was very critical of the work and progress on a previous batsu volunteered as a proofreader to help out, they’re no longer active but you can always pitch in in their stead.
  • There’s no obligation, even with zero donations they’d still release stuff as has been the case in previous years, this forum also [url=http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2207:arznidmn]has a donation option[/url:arznidmn].
  • It’s all volunteer-based and the people involved change each year depending on who can offer free time so when you say "your" it misses the mark.

nobodyserio, leave this forum. We don’t need you here. Not with that attitude.

Btw… they usually record it early, right?

Has anyone seen some info yet about what it’s going to be? The hype is building up again and I can’t wait to get some info.

[quote="gesichtspalme":1v1w2prr]Btw… they usually record it early, right?
Has anyone seen some info yet about what it’s going to be? The hype is building up again and I can’t wait to get some info.[/quote:1v1w2prr]

Yep they do, in previous years a leak came out sometime in November and when I tried Googling recently I just found Japanese blogs saying much the same. Usually someone spots some signage, the bus or the changing rooms whilst they’re filming on-location. Looking forward to the reveal! :D

I guess I behaunted alot by batsu game and halloween these days that I have a dream where they do a ghost hunter theme this year :D

[quote="sizenkai":28thpb5n]I guess I behaunted alot by batsu game and halloween these days that I have a dream where they do a ghost hunter theme this year :D[/quote:28thpb5n]

It would be cool if they did a Halloween special like that. They did have some super old episodes where they went looking for ghosts in a school but that was all set-up for a skit. One of the suggestions people have for a theme is amusement park staff and if they have to work on the haunted house and ghost train rides that would be funny. :lol:

Filled in the form…Not sure why need real names though?
Maybe should have a space for timezone, since there are people from many countries.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a youkai or ghost theme mixed in. Yokai Watch was super popular last year… Also, the current super sentai series and kamen rider series have youkai and ghosts in them. :D

One thing that can be improved. Often, they make allusion to very well known Japanese celebrities. So, if possible, would it be possible to include a very short description for us that doesn’t know anything about Japan’s TV / movie scene at all? Even a link to Wikipedia or another resource? It’ll help understand some jokes…

That’s all I asked!

Thanks for all the hard work.

Is the raw footage for the batsu game 2015/16 out yet?

[quote="Deflow":22vgljm9]Is the raw footage for the batsu game 2015/16 out yet?[/quote:22vgljm9]

It’s broadcast on New Years Eve / Day.

has any of the subbers/people interested in subbing the latest one extracted the subtitles? if so would it be possible to send it to me? i mite give subbing it a go, but its more for my own clarifications when i dont understand something.