Gaki no Tsukai Older Batsu Blu-Rays

I did a search on the forums and couldn’t find a thread about this, if there is I apologize. I just thought I’d let everyone know that they did release in 2015 most of the older Batsu games on Blu-Ray.

This is includes 24-Hour Tag, Haunted Hotel, No-Laughing Hot Spring Inn, No Laughing in Yugawara, No-Laughing High School, No-Laughing Police Station, No-Laughing Hospital & No-Laughing Newspaper Agency.

I believe the Blu-Rays are Region Free however I can’t test this, but that’s what the listings on CDJapan show. They are up-scaled to 1080i with stereo PCM audio and look very good to my eyes, I can’t say how they compare to the original DVD’s but I had no complaints with the video quality.

I think the best part aside from the video quality is the price of the Blu-Rays. As of the date of this post May 2016, they are only $30 per Blu-Ray on CDJapan so you could own most of the old Batsu games collection for close to $300. I payed around $250 with shipping last year when I ordered them.

If you want just the Batsu games with all the DVD extras, Blu-Rays 1 thru 8 is what you’re looking for. 9 thru 11 are I believe the other comedy routines from a lot of the other DVDs. The only Batsu game not on Blu-Ray at the moment is the No-Laughing Hotel Employee hopefully that changes in the future.

Here’s the link to the CDJapan listings, hopefully the subbers can get use of the increased video quality if they decide to rip them in the future :)

[url:3bxrq0nr]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/products?term.media_format=bluray&q=Gaki+no+Tsukai&page=1[/url:3bxrq0nr]

[img:3bxrq0nr]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/darkknux_2006/Bastu%20Blu-Ray_zpsnevyecla.jpg[/img:3bxrq0nr]

According to the descriptions and tracklists,

• Volume 9 : Silent Library, "Manager Okamoto is angry!?" & Matsumoto Challenge series (1 disc)
  • Volume 10 : Yamazaki vs. Moriman (2 discs)
  • Volume 11 : Downtown Talk (3 discs)

[quote="Penguinator":lkurryeq]According to the descriptions and tracklists,

• Volume 9 : Silent Library, "Manager Okamoto is angry!?" & Matsumoto Challenge series (1 disc)
  • Volume 10 : Yamazaki vs. Moriman (2 discs)
  • Volume 11 : Downtown Talk (3 discs)[/quote:lkurryeq]

Ohh, so I do need to get volume 9 for the Silent Library Batsu, thanks for the translation Penguinator. :D

The History of the Batsu Games special is on Blu-Ray Volume 1. Volume 2 has Matsumoto Rangers, No Reaction Pie Hell and Hamada’s Russian URA Batsu.

Sigh… and I had just come to accept that DVD quality for these discs was good enough. Ordering now.

I am close to having blurays iso 1-8 And i have ripped high school. The problem is that the high school blu-ray has more scenes than what the tv version have.
If anyone has experience with ripping please let me know. I am quite a novice on it. I am using handbrake.
Currently using handbrake on the police batsu

[quote="awsede":316kvjlq]I am close to having blurays iso 1-8 And i have ripped high school. The problem is that the high school blu-ray has more scenes than what the tv version have.
If anyone has experience with ripping please let me know. I am quite a novice on it. I am using handbrake.
Currently using handbrake on the police batsu[/quote:316kvjlq]
This is correct, I have rips of all the blu-rays and they decided to merge the deleted scenes along with the batsu that was aired, hence you end up with more scenes :)

– Rich

Blu-rays are indeed region free. I can confirm this.