Matsumoto's New Movie R100

Do you have any new movies or series you want to talk about? Then you are at the right place!
22 posts Page 2 of 2
awww man X____X just saw now that it isn't there. -__- I guess I'll have to wait till it's out on DVD then subbed :worried:
I'm usually in agreement with Mark Schilling but I'm still excited for it, Matsumoto is trying to find his feet as a film maker and for me that is just as interesting.....I'm sure that being a fan of his style of comedy will give me something interesting out of it.

I think he is slowly transitioning into more serious titles with no comedy, I'm sure I read an interview with Matsumoto saying that he wants to do a heavier movie.
Thanks for posting this! Anyone on the board who went to this screening?
I think this is a review:

I'm usually in agreement with Mark Schilling but I'm still excited for it, Matsumoto is trying to find his feet as a film maker and for me that is just as interesting.....I'm sure that being a fan of his style of comedy will give me something interesting out of it.

Absolutely; I probably would have hated Scabbard Samurai (an excellent movie!) if not for understanding the subtext and inside jokes. It was ultimately all about Matsumoto and his relationship to the comedy business, but that would fly right over the head of an outsider. The movie becomes bizarre and boring instead.
R100 is now out in the wild with English subtitles. Yeah!!
22 posts Page 2 of 2