Tsukitei (Yamasaki) Compilation Discussion

Do you have any new movies or series you want to talk about? Then you are at the right place!
144 posts
VideogameDC wrote:
Well, the NHK one will air on the NHK General Channel (It's one channel down from Nippon TV), so you can catch it with NIJI. As for the other shows, you could ask ErnieYoung to record the shows for you in HD quality.

Ah, cool, hopefully that's the one.

Actually I think ErnieYoung is based in the Kanto region (Tokyo etc.) whereas a lot of these are in the Kansai region (Osaka) e.g. KTV, Yomiuri, Osaka TV. But NIJI does have those channels which is cool.
Yes it is, I recognized the kanjis from the article you sent and the list from NIJI.

I woudn't hurt to ask him if he has those channels or not. :)

Kawaii~
azuura wrote:
I've been watching a show called やすとものどこいこ!? but haven't been able to find any June and July 2013 episodes.
Hosei was guest on 2013.06.30. So I was just wondering if you have come across it.... probably not :(

There's a bunch of episodes in clubbox:
http://search.clubbox.co.kr/app/index.php?UrlEncode=1&data=%E3%82%84%E3%81%99%E3%81%A8%E3%82%82%E3%81%AE%E3%81%A9%E3%81%93%E3%81%84%E3%81%93
You can also search using the Korean term for やすとものどこいこ?, "야스토모의어디가지?" Not exactly aired on 2013.06.30, but i saw one labeled 2013.06.24.
ZEIN OUT!!!
VideogameDC wrote:
I woudn't hurt to ask him if he has those channels or not. :)

Yay the awesome ErnieYoung agreed to record the NHK interview / docu thing. I'm very glad because it's not often there are personal interviews with him so it'll be great to have that one in good quality! :)
You see? He helped me with a Coldplay concert that aired earlier this year!

ErnieYoung is a really nice person. :)

Kawaii~
I noticed today the English Wikipedia page for Housei removed all his personal info. All the stuff about him having skills with music/piano. The fact he's married to Aya, that he has two daughters and one son and his kid's names. Comparison (original on the left, edited version on the right)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =603225037

I actually added the bit about his son with a link to the official blog post he made about his birth. But it's all gone because it "Can't be verified." I assume because all the information is in Japanese based on this rule:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... n#Language

It's impossible to use English sources for comedians that are largely based in Japan though and Matsumoto's English page simply references various Lincoln episodes and such of which I'm not sure all have English subs. But maybe they'll eventually be wiping out all of Matsumoto's personal info too.

It's really sad how short his page is compared to the Japanese Wikipedia but there seems little point in rectifying it if it'd all simply get removed for lack of source. Meh :P
Edit the page and add it back! :(
Knudow wrote:
Edit the page and add it back! :(

I find Wikipedia confusing to be honest, whenever I've added something it's violated some rule or not been properly formatted. :( I don't blame them for having so many rules but it's tough to know how to properly cite foreign language sources. I mean there's the sub of him talking to his kids on the phone and other videos as evidence but they're either not in English or not an official translation so I don't know if that fits within their rules. Maybe someone more familiar with Wikipedia and the proper citation process can get things to stick. Otherwise I'd be concerned that the effort would just get deleted in a mere second. :(

Anyway just felt like having a little rant to be honest. I'll just spread information on my Tumblr regardless. :D
It would be better that you backup the original info in your Tumblr than repost it on the Wikipedia page. I think Wikipedia bans someone's I.P. address if someone tries to put more personal info on someone's Wikipedia page than the necessary one.

Kawaii~
VideogameDC wrote:
It would be better that you backup the original info in your Tumblr than repost it on the Wikipedia page. I think Wikipedia bans someone's I.P. address if someone tries to put more personal info on someone's Wikipedia page than the necessary one.

Yeah I agree, just posting stuff to Tumblr would be best, then I know I'm not violating any hidden rules :D

By the way, it's been awhile since I posted something to Tumblr since I've been so busy but I just posted a short funny blooper I found from the old kid's show Housei used to be a presenter of :lol:
http://yamasakigifs.tumblr.com/post/104 ... sei-on-the
Even Housei was laughing so hard! :rofl:

Kawaii~
I wonder if wikipedia accept "translation from other language wikipedia" as a source?
I don't think it has that feature. otherwise many articles would be complete in all languages.

Kawaii~
solari wrote:
I wonder if wikipedia accept "translation from other language wikipedia" as a source?

It's possible though again not sure how to format and credit it properly, even though I know some HTML, Wikipedia is like it's own language heh. I guess it might fall into the same category as self-translated sources, which require some footnote of the Japanese text for comparison. Again they seem to say it's not preferable but don't see any other way for some facts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... Wikipedias

Oddly the Matsumoto page simply links to Japanese news articles and such as sources without a Japanese text quote to compare... I dunno if whoeever edited Housei's page just never got around to his yet :^) The only reference to a "BLP" change (the personal info rule) was for rectifying someone trying to tarnish the page (someone changed Matsumoto to Matsumodo and added a personal opinion about Hamada not being as good).
We sould make a Gaki no Tsukai wiki so we can add more information and have lists of episodes and wiki pages for each GnT section (kiki, matsumoto challenges, etc)

We can use something like wikia! No money or hosting needed!
144 posts