Episode #1196 2014.03.16 - Tsukitei Hosei Long Interview (1)

Tsukitei Hosei 46th Anniversary of the Birth
Unprecedented! 24-hour Long Interview!! Part-1
[hide:6m52knjy]月亭方正 生誕46周年記念
前代未聞!24時間ロングインタビュー!! (前編)

https://mega.nz/#!uAdATYgI

[img:6m52knjy]http://i.imgur.com/glp1bpv.jpg[/img:6m52knjy]
[attachment=0:6m52knjy]Gaki_140316_#1196_Tsukitei Hosei Long Interview (1).zip[/attachment:6m52knjy][/hide:6m52knjy]

Woohoo!! Been looking forward to this (was there any doubt? :rofl: ).

His face was hilarious sitting in the freezing cold evening on that balcony. :lol:
And lapsing in and out of consciousness during the massage everytime the interviewer called "Housei-san!" :rofl:

Talking about those who helped and supported him in becoming a rakugo always seems to bring a tear to his eye, it’s sweet :inlove: But also funny because Hamada is always in disbelief at him (like when he was bawling during the screening of his wedding video and Hamada was all like "Seriously!?").

I like that a lot of what he said had on-screen subtitles. Should come in handy. I only have a vague idea of the stuff he talked about, but from the reactions of the Gaki cast I’m sure it was weird and funny in parts. :rofl:
Here’s a few bits from the TVTopic summary (which obviously skips a lot since it doesn’t mention his rakugo talk):

http://tvtopic.goo.ne.jp/program/info/707245/index.html

[hide:1yl2ho7l]The first interviewer is Kenichi Kojima, a freelance writer that has published works such as "Tamori Reader"

Tsukitei Housei talked of things like appearing cute as a little kid and as an entertainer the theory of a "spirit of good service" (unsure, I assume he drew attention and got happy reactions for being cute, which maybe led him to want to be of further service in making people happy).

By third grade (8–9 years old) he was already making jokes that were too mature for his age (indecent ones!), he still remembers getting a stern warning from his teacher.

During high school (15 - 18 years old) he got into a lot of fights and quit at one point, because it was cool at the time he became a surfer.

The next interviewer is Kokugawa Kyoko from Yoshimoto News Center.

Housei said he was considered popular with girls from kindergarten age (3 - 6 years).
Unsure about this bit (or maybe just feeling disbelief lol) 中3のときのデートの話もした。

He was addicted to the guitar in junior high school and dreamt of earning his livelihood from it.
During high school he was in a band. Although they didn't perform in public, they were doing 'film concerts' which he admits he can't explain well, but it was events for people to see footage of bands of their choice.

Next is freelance writer Takashi Aoki of "Monthly SKY!".

When asked what his first impression was when seeing Downtown on TV. He said he thought "The world belongs to these guys".

And of his relationship with his wife, he says it's one of laughter.[/hide:1yl2ho7l]

Well soudou, you can translate the parts that you understand so we can understand at least most of the episode! :)

this one needs to be hardsubbed :D

[quote="rashingan":8vv93lah]this one needs to be hardsubbed :D[/quote:8vv93lah]

That’s what I’m talking about!

[quote="VideogameDC":3dps5ocz]Well soudou, you can translate the parts that you understand so we can understand at least most of the episode! :)[/quote:3dps5ocz]

Well technically I don’t understand any of it. :rofl: I could only tell when he was talking about how he got into rakugo because of the names he mentioned (Tsukitei Happo, Tsukitei Hakko etc.) and picture that popped up of his rakugo teacher etc. :)

If anyone did want to do a proper sub of these 24 Hour Interview episodes, I would be happy to do timing and typesetting for it. If anyone who knows Japanese is interested, all you need do is watch the episode and type down who said what. You can post it on the forum or put it in a text file, whatever is easiest for you. I will try to do the rest at some point when I can. No knowledge of subbing software needed. :nod:

I could also attempt a "amateur sub" on parts but I dunno when… There are things I started trying to do crappy subs of weeks ago and still haven’t been able to do… ;(

[quote="soudou":18eqz5e2][quote="VideogameDC":18eqz5e2]Well soudou, you can translate the parts that you understand so we can understand at least most of the episode! :)[/quote:18eqz5e2]

Well technically I don’t understand any of it. :rofl: I could only tell when he was talking about how he got into rakugo because of the names he mentioned (Tsukitei Happo, Tsukitei Hakko etc.) and picture that popped up of his rakugo teacher etc. :)

If anyone did want to do a proper sub of these 24 Hour Interview episodes, I would be happy to do timing and typesetting for it. If anyone who knows Japanese is interested, all you need do is watch the episode and type down who said what. You can post it on the forum or put it in a text file, whatever is easiest for you. I will try to do the rest at some point when I can. No knowledge of subbing software needed. :nod:

I could also attempt a "amateur sub" on parts but I dunno when… There are things I started trying to do crappy subs of weeks ago and still haven’t been able to do… ;([/quote:18eqz5e2]

Ohh, I only saw the part where I think he talks about his childhood or something when they put a picture of an addorable Hosei when he was a child :)

I barely understood the begining, the rest was tedious for me I actually closed the video and I saw the episode sumary you posted moments ago :rofl:

中3のときのデートの話もした
This line says he also talked about a date he went on during middle(junior high) school 3rd year.

[quote="solari":30couzdu]中3のときのデートの話もした
This line says he also talked about a date he went on during middle(junior high) school 3rd year.[/quote:30couzdu]

Ahh, thank you! I knew I had to be wrong about that line. That makes a lot more sense :)

We gonna get subs on both parts anytime soon? I really enjoy these sit down, bit more serious talks on Gaki but I unfortunately have absolutely no clue what they’re talking about