Episode #1217 2014.08.10 - Stroll to See Celebrities

[hide:1ggimyiy]徹底検証! 有名人に会うまでブラリし続けましょう!! 代官山編

https://mega.nz/#!6V02ARYB

[img:1ggimyiy]http://i.imgur.com/C89aNg3.jpg[/img:1ggimyiy]
[attachment=0:1ggimyiy]Gaki_140810_#1217_Stroll to See Celebrities.zip[/attachment:1ggimyiy][/hide:1ggimyiy]

Thanks! :) Great to see these going up so fast.

Good to see the guys getting out a bit.

I like see them out. :emo:

I don’t care if they go out or not as long as the episode is entertaining, which wasn’t the case with this one.
[hide:25bstpvy]The only time I laughed was when a bird crapped on Matsumoto and after a pause he said he wanted to go home.[/hide:25bstpvy]

Greatly appreciated. :rofl:

hmmm…seeing that many celebrities in a day is strange :^) :^)

[quote="Penguinator":458zs3lq]I don’t care if they go out or not as long as the episode is entertaining, which wasn’t the case with this one.
[hide:458zs3lq]The only time I laughed was when a bird crapped on Matsumoto and after a pause he said he wanted to go home.[/hide:458zs3lq][/quote:458zs3lq]

Yeah this week certainly fell flat for me with the exception of the incident you mentioned. I’m guessing that we’ll have to expect this sort of stuff from the show on a semi-regular basis, given they apparently don’t have a very large budget.

[quote="TokyoAshes":221xs92n]hmmm…seeing that many celebrities in a day is strange :^) :^)[/quote:221xs92n]
try living in Manhattan NY you see celebrities everyday and people just ignore them.

[quote="Vatican":jlukmxef][quote="Penguinator":jlukmxef]I don’t care if they go out or not as long as the episode is entertaining, which wasn’t the case with this one.
[hide:jlukmxef]The only time I laughed was when a bird crapped on Matsumoto and after a pause he said he wanted to go home.[/hide:jlukmxef][/quote:jlukmxef]

Yeah this week certainly fell flat for me with the exception of the incident you mentioned. I’m guessing that we’ll have to expect this sort of stuff from the show on a semi-regular basis, given they apparently don’t have a very large budget.[/quote:jlukmxef]

Wait, I heard the company pays Downtown a ton because of some contract, actually a couple million dollars when converted from yen?

[quote="1-800-ZOM-BIES":2rsvrpo2][quote="Vatican":2rsvrpo2][quote="Penguinator":2rsvrpo2]I don’t care if they go out or not as long as the episode is entertaining, which wasn’t the case with this one.
[hide:2rsvrpo2]The only time I laughed was when a bird crapped on Matsumoto and after a pause he said he wanted to go home.[/hide:2rsvrpo2][/quote:2rsvrpo2]

Yeah this week certainly fell flat for me with the exception of the incident you mentioned. I’m guessing that we’ll have to expect this sort of stuff from the show on a semi-regular basis, given they apparently don’t have a very large budget.[/quote:2rsvrpo2]

Wait, I heard the company pays Downtown a ton because of some contract, actually a couple million dollars when converted from yen?[/quote:2rsvrpo2]

Well what I’m saying is hearsay from Japanese online forums like 2chan and Yahoo Japan articles, so my stuff may not be true, given netizens can get it wrong at times but I heard that although Downtown get paid a lot, that is actually their wages/salary from their management company Yoshimoto Kogyo, so it doesn’t mean that it translates into a budget for Gaki, because the show itself is the property of NTV, the television station. The reason why shows like Uchimura’s Sekai no Hate Made Itte Q have lavish stuff and overseas projects is because they are proven to get the ratings for NTV (in fact, it got a little over 20% ratings for this week, which is considered excellent) and therefore, NTV will allocate them a lot more cash to do stuff.

On the other hand, the regular weekly broadcast of Gaki isn’t much of a ratings winner compared to their heyday and so they are not allocated as much of a budget. In fact, someone posted on 2chan that Gaki apparently has the lowest budget of all the Sunday shows on NTV. The only exception to that is the No Laughing special, which manages to rate 2nd regularly behind the Kohaku singing contest, which is guaranteed to take the bulk of most viewers.

What doesn’t help is that Gaki doesn’t have any sponsors to help out that situation nowadays; if you watch older episodes (until the mid 2000s), you should notice that after the title call and before the episode ends, one or two sponsors’ names are there followed by a little announcement around the lines of ‘This show is brought to you by…’. Since that time, apart from Hamada’s 50th birthday special and a couple of episodes in between, that announcement has disappeared, meaning there is no major sponsor now for the show. While it may not seem much, sponsors do mean a lot to not just Japanese broadcasting, but TV industries around the world in general, because that has been given more backing by major companies, which means more general exposure and goodwill if you have entities of that caliber throw their support behind you. This is why you also often see a list of sponsors sporadically during the No Laughing special as well, signifying the amount of support it has.

The download is asking for a decryption key. What would that be?