Finally got internet! Starting Famicom challenge

Hey all, I’ve been without internet for a couple of months now, but finally got connected in my super new place. (I’ve moved house 4 times since Feb! :lol: ) - Anyway, this morning I started Famicom challenge, after teaching myself some aegisub fundamentals my method is a lot faster and more efficient than when I was doing the LEGO challenge! So I should hopefully move along and have it out for you soon.

Cheers!

Joel Ratman

[url=http://imageshack.com/f/paqKPvPyp:3sijfsh8][img:3sijfsh8]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/qKPvPy.png[/img:3sijfsh8][/url:3sijfsh8]

That will be awesome mate!! Can’t wait!! That episode is friging hilarious. Cheers!!

Ow, one advice; Put your name in the hardsub buddy…so that way your subs wouldn’t be stolen by some asshole like the last time

I was confused for a while. I thought you were going to play Famicon as a challenge and that you also played with LEGO as a challenge…

Then I read Arlekin’s post and everything made sense xD

Hey, welcome back! Great to hear you’ve been able to get a stable internet and can sub again :)

The Famicom episode is super funny and interesting, given the gaming subject I hoped it would entice subbers outside the Gaki community to check the series out, sad it still got overlooked. Thanks for picking it up to sub, I love all the Gaki gaming episodes. Best of luck with the translation, I understand how tough that is.

If I may suggest, I think I’d prefer a non-serif font with more of a white border for readability. However as it is now, it is still readable of course and with the lack of Gaki subs I’ll take 'em even if they’re handwritten on post-it notes and stuck onto the screen. :rofl:

Haha, cheers guys - As for what happened last time it really was OK with me in the end, the Lego clip got a much wider audience and Jordan from TofuPanda did have the best intentions and fully credited me in his version of my subs - if you are reading mate, wishing you all the best after your recent time in hospital :hai:

Thanks for the advice soudou, now that I’m actually using the styles manager things are much easier and I’ll play about with the font and border before the final release :geek:

I can’t wait to see this serie subbed! I saw it unsubbed, so it should be funnier with subs! :)

I’m looking forward to it! :bow:

That’s the great fun of doing a sub too - seeing jokes as I translate them! It’s part of this weird process of translating from two languages I don’t really speak :rofl:

[quote="Knudow":3t1zzzm5]Then I read Arlekin’s post and everything made sense xD[/quote:3t1zzzm5]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Already 1/3 complete! Also there is much less talking when they are playing the games… :P I’ll keep at it!

Hey, thanks for your time & effort, ratmangaki. Really appreciated, looking forward to watching this one a lot :)

No worries, I’m having a lot of fun with this one, especially with my new much faster subbing process - compared to the LEGO challenge which literally took months due to my own lack of aegisub skills, and other factors like moving.

Great to hear everything is good for you, ratmangaki, and I can’t wait to watch this episode when its subbed. I watch anything I can feast my eyes on whenever it comes to the Gaki crew!! Thanks a million, good sir.

[quote="Cloyd":10ieckdm]Great to hear everything is good for you, ratmangaki, and I can’t wait to watch this episode when its subbed. I watch anything I can feast my eyes on whenever it comes to the Gaki crew!! Thanks a million, good sir.[/quote:10ieckdm] Cheers mate, just finishing the last few minutes now! Should be up in the next 48 hours…

Good to hear that. I can’t wait to see this one subbed either.

I already watch the lego one and its hilarious i hope this is like that por better.

Okay, pretty much finished, just upping the file I used and dat .ass to MEGA. It’s the joined file from the French Dailymotion video - the only RAW file I had was worse quality .flv - so if anyone has a link to an HD RAW file it could always be used with that, I think the time difference was only 1 second where the files were joined. Honestly, I just want it made available to watch NOW! So didn’t bother with trying to find a better quality file for hardcode or streaming. There will be occasions where a bit of French text is visible but overall I think I did pretty well with this one. Anyway a new thread will appear with the MEGA link as soon as it’s done. :)

I believe that super-poster Ernie Young has said that he has the episodes from 2013 in 1080i quality, similar to the 2014 episodes he has been linking this year, so maybe he’d be willing to upload the episode in question.

Yeah good call, anyway the subs are done so just posting it now! :D