Episode #1243 2015.02.22 - Hosei's Birthday Letters

ダウンタウンのガキの使いやあらへんで!!
A Japanese variety show hosted by the popular Japanese owarai duo, Downtown
29 posts Page 1 of 2
Sure to be a favorite of 2015 for soudou :D

May be wrong in translating but apparently Hosei requests that he wants to be moved by his birthday and wants the other guys to read out letters to Hosei in celebration, much like they did with Hamada. Instead of being moved by the stories they have written, they are apparently led into laughter recounting stories of Hosei and many of the things he has done. Maybe a classic Hosei stitchup but who knows...

http://www.ntv.co.jp/program/detail/21838298.html

今週のガキは、方正が自分の誕生日に感動したいからと、メンバーから自分への感謝状を勝手に自作して持ってきた。それをメンバーに読ませるがバカすぎる内容に失笑の連続!

今週のガキの使いは、月亭方正が自分の誕生日に、浜田の誕生日のときにやった浜田への感謝状を一人一人読み上げ、感動的な雰囲気になった企画をやりたいと言い出した。しかし内容は方正が適当に書いたもので、メンバーにはそれを自分で考えたように読んでほしいという。それぞれが困惑するなか読んでみるが、どれも完全でっち上げの適当エピソードの連続で思わず吹き出してしまう場面も。このバカバカしさで感動は生まれるのか!?
The letters are written by Hosei himself, and he wants the others to read it out as if they wrote it.

Sounds interesting
solari wrote:
The letters are written by Hosei himself, and he wants the others to read it out as if they wrote it.

Sounds interesting

Wow very weird concept. Interesting indeed though.
Vatican wrote:
Sure to be a favorite of 2015 for soudou :D

My thought when I read the topic title: What!? What's this?? :o
And then I laughed at the first line :rofl:
Thanks for that. :bow:

Sounds like his usual routine of building himself up to be thoroughly knocked down by the other guys, ala Goodbye Yamazaki etc. The final line of the summary seems to say it's gonna be similarly absurd. I'm looking forward to see what the rest of the cast do to take jabs at him. :devil:

To be honest I did wonder when watching those old birthday party episodes for Matsumoto and Hamada, if they ever did something similar for Housei. From his Twitter they have given him a cake in the past but it's not been recorded for TV. It was funny and cute when he would sing Happy Birthday in English for Downtown.
This episode definetely deserves being subbed! :D

Kawaii~
I'll time+typeset/proof-read/encode & upload it on dailymotion, for anyone interested in translating this episode when it's out. Just send me a pm...
ZEIN OUT!!!
This is either not gonna end well in hilarious way or gonna be something different ala Hamada's letters, leaning heavily on the former.
I think it's gonna be a parody of the Hamada birthday episode. I'm thinking the joke will be that Housei tries to curate the same thing, because the other guys mockingly 'don't like' him enough to say such nice things themselves, but then Housei takes it too far, building himself up for the others to knock him down, and the episode ends up being degrading for him instead of complimentary. :rofl:
My guess could be Housei will make the episode bitter and then in the end he will ''surprise'' everyone with a musical. Kinda like Sayonara Yamasaki. :D

Kawaii~
soudou wrote:
[It was funny and cute when he would sing Happy Birthday in English for Downtown.

too bad no one can sing it for him :( ...unless he sings it himself...hmm
TokyoAshes wrote:
too bad no one can sing it for him :( ...unless he sings it himself...hmm

Well it'd sure be funny to see them try. :rofl:
Endo I imagine would especially struggle. :lol:
I'm sure he is gonna sing it himself.
Fake Letters of Thanks to Hosei - Part 1
ヤラセ感動企画 方正作 ウソ感謝状 (前編)
https://mega.nz/#!rRkE3L5K
Gaki_150222_#1243_Hosei's Birthday Letters (1).zip
Thank you very much. :D
Thanks ErnieYoung!
So it was a Hamada's Birthday episode parody after all.
It was pretty dang creepy actually haha, especially when he'd come up close to thank them. :^)
It was fun watching Matsumoto trying to keep a straight face, looks like he's really gonna break down next ep.
29 posts Page 1 of 2